Emerson CKS3020 SmartSet AM/FM Clock Radio

Emerson CKS3020 SmartSet AM/FM Clock RadioI purchased this item because I like the Red/Orange retro looking LED display. The clock looks cool and has good features. The problem is Emerson engineers failed to care about how this "Alarm" clock would work in the future. This clock relies on a built in date function so that the alarms fall on the correct date. The date function on this "Alarm" Clock only goes to 2005 this makes the Alarm impossible to used now in 2012. If you just need a cool looking clock though it's great.

Ordered two of these. The clocks function concepts and ergonimic design are excellent BUT...

One works, one had fried electronics or something. Emerson should pay their distributors damages for bad karma. Whoever engineered the electronics in this unit should be blacklisted.

The Seller went above and beyond to send a third clock which seems to keep time for now.

Buy Emerson CKS3020 SmartSet AM/FM Clock Radio Now

The display on this clock is orange and red. A very interesting choice but I like it. 3 settings for brightness: bright, dim, and off/wave (display turns off but will show the time if you wave your hand in front of it. good for if the clock is too bright for you to sleep). The radio is not perfect. The antenna is still part of the power cord like earlier models (see the CKS1862) and obviously channels do not come in as clear as I'd like. The wave feature is cool and I look forward to using it more in the future. In addition to showing the time when the display is in the "off/wave" position, the wave feature acts as a snooze button for your alarm.

There are a few misconceptions that I'd like to clear up: the Emerson SmartSet clocks do not set the time themselves. Yes I know what you're thinking. Well, it's a lie. The Wikipedia article is also inaccurate. They have a Lithium Ion battery (button cell) that keeps the time in case of a power outage. Someone had said that the clock only goes to 2005 and again, I am using this clock in 2013 with the correct date.

Overall, the clock was a step up from my old CKS1862 (which I had taken apart after the snooze button broke) and I look forward to many years of use. The clock appears to have been discontinued, but I recommend it if you can get your hands on one for a reasonable price!

Read Best Reviews of Emerson CKS3020 SmartSet AM/FM Clock Radio Here

The clock part on this worked for a few months.The alarm never worked but I did not realize that until it was too late to return it. I don't use an alarm very often so it was not a big deal. I seem to have an automatic clock in my body.

I don't know how these electronic clocks set themselves. After a few months, this one started to be off by 49 minutes, no matter how many times I reconnected it.

Then I tried a Sony automatic time set and that did not work at all. I returned it.

No more automatic time sets for me. I want to know what time it really is. I remember the days when I had a clock for years and it would give me the correct time.

I am still in search of a clock that gives the correct time and that I can set to do that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Want Emerson CKS3020 SmartSet AM/FM Clock Radio Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment