Lasonic i-931BTQ (i931-BTQ) Bluetooth Portable Stereo w/ Classic Ghetto Blaster Design - Limited Edi

Lasonic i-931BTQ Bluetooth Portable Stereo w/ Classic Ghetto Blaster Design - Limited Edition
  • High Performance Limited Edition Bluetooth Stereo Boombox
  • Dimensions: 29"L x 9"W x 18"H; Weight: 17.4 lbs.
  • Built-in microphone input with volume and echo adjustment
  • Bass and treble controls for a completely customized reproduction
  • Alarm clock with wake-up and sleep functions; Real time clock display keeps accurately tracks time and displays brightly

this old school ghetto blaster is kind of cheaply built, but hey thats the way it was in the 80s. And its the loudest portable I have ever heard, especially when connected to a I-pod. the clarity (when connected to a I-pod) is way better than the fm reception, If you want to impress some one with your I-pod prowess, Buy one of these. By the way, It does not come with intsructions for functions other than (bluetooth), So you will have to figure it out on your own. and if you call Lasonic for info. They may not understand english very well or you may not understand them. otherwise this is a bad ass product.

Buy Lasonic i-931BTQ (i931-BTQ) Bluetooth Portable Stereo w/ Classic Ghetto Blaster Design - Limited Edi Now

I bought the previous-ipod version of this boombox for my brother-in-law and am now purchasing this BT version for myself.

All in all they are loud, old school, and just awesome. They are a little light, but that doesn't affect performance and should be considered a bonus when you have to lug the thing. Sound quality is above average on good quality mp3s and average for the radio(understandably)All other features function well an as stated There is one thing stopping me from giving this 5 stars(and I don't now if it's been corrected on the new version-it hasn't arrived yet)--

My brother in law took his into his backyard on an 87 degree sunny day for 2.5 hours and all the plastic stickers on it melted like the old shrinky-dink toys and fell off. I would caution anyone using at least the old version(and maybe the new) to throw a white towel over the plastic stickers when the unit is in direct sunlight, or buy the white one.

Besides that, a good buy.

*************Update 1/19/13****************Received 193BT classic version*******************************************

Lets start with the good things:

Sounda little above average,not bad for a boombox-lots of options to tweak sound and raise quality some, equalizer works well.

FeaturesLots and lots of features; maybe I could actually use them all if the unit had come with instructions-NO manual on Lasonic website.

LooksLooks freakin' awesome, like a robot, looks LOUD.

LOUD

BluetoothWorks perfectly. Tracks are switchable from radio.

sd and memory-stick features nice.

Build issues:

Volume knob has play in it., antenna no very robust, not too sure about handle either(they sell these on Lasonic websiteShrinky dink stickers(they sell these too.)Display only viewable at eye level(this is a major pain when the unit is on a table and you need to use the display).

All and all I am very much enjoying this unit and would recommend it despite the minor build issues

Read Best Reviews of Lasonic i-931BTQ (i931-BTQ) Bluetooth Portable Stereo w/ Classic Ghetto Blaster Design - Limited Edi Here

I read many past reviews on this item, especially the rather bad reviews on previous models of the I-931, and almost did not buy this stereo because of them.

I finally purchased this radio, and I was pleasantly surprised. No, this does not compete with the high end Boom Boxes of the '80's, but it is just as good, if not better than, most of the "Boom boxes" sold today.

For example, I had a circa 2004 Sony CD/Cassette Boom box, that I ended up giving away because the Radio was so poor it could not pick up a FM station 10 miles away clearly. My Sony 2010 picks up this station without a problem, even my circa 1984 Panasonic Boom box doesbut not the Sony. The Lasonic picks up this station just as well (but not better than) the 1984 Boom box.

The Bluetooth capability is what makes this Boom box shine. I use my iPhone 5 to play music thru the Lasonic, and it works very well.

Bottom line it is good, but not great.

Want Lasonic i-931BTQ (i931-BTQ) Bluetooth Portable Stereo w/ Classic Ghetto Blaster Design - Limited Edi Discount?

I collect vintage boom boxes and dont really care for any of the contemporary boomboxes of the 90s and 2000s. but the day i saw this i had to have it! I have not been disappointed in my purchase that day. its loud, light weight and the bluetooth technology makes this ghetto blaster so much fun to use. im in love!

Save 64% Off

I RECEIVED MY STEREO MARCH 27,2013. I WAS EXCITED UNTIL I TURNED IT ON AND CONNECTED MY MP3 PLAYER TO IT. I WAS SURPRISE HOW THE 1960 SOUND CAME OUT OF THE SPEAKERS. THE SPEAKRS SOUNDED LIKE A PORTABLE RECORD PLAYER THAT RUNS BY BATTERIES. THOSE WHO REMEMBER THE PORTABLE RECORD PLAY WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING.

I GUESS I WAS FOOLED BY THE WORDS GHETTO BLASTER. IT MADE ME THINK THAT THIS STEREO'S SOUND SYSTEM WOULD BE A LOUD AND CLEAR PARTY MACHINE. I WAS WRONG. THE SOUND WAS CLEAR WHEN THE STEREO WAS SITTING IN MY LAP. WHEN I PUT IT ON THE TABLE AND WALKED AWAY, I NOTICED HOW AMATEURISH IT SOUND. THE SOUND BECAME A LITTLE DISTORTED WHEN THE VOLUME WAS TURNED UP. THE DISTORTION BECOME ANNOYING. I TRIED ADJUSTING THE EQUALIZER TO REMOVE THE DISTORTION. WORKED ONLY A LITTLE.

THE LCD DISPLAY SHOWED DIFFERENT MODES SUCH AS MP3, RDS, BAND/FOLDER, MEMORY PGROGAME MODE THE ONLY MODE THAT DISPLAYED WAS THE RDS-RADIO STATION AND THE MEMORY PROGRAM MODE. THE INSTRUCTION DOES NOT EXPLAIN HOW TO ACCESS THE OTHER MODES. THE INSTRUCTION IS A ONE PAGE SHEET EXPLAINING THE OVERVIEW OF THE STEREO AND HOW TO CONNECT A BLUETOOTH DEVICE. THE IMAGES OF THE OVERVIEW IS NUMBERED SHOWING WHERE EACH FEATURES ARE ON THE STEREO. THE USB SLOT IS LISTED AS 21, BUT 21 IS POINTING TO THE EARPHONE SLOT ON THE IMAGE. THE EARPHONE SLOT IS NOT LISTED AND THE USB SLOT ON THE IMAGE DOES NOT HAVE A NUMBER. 22 POINT TO AND LIST PRESET EQUALIZER BUTTONS, BUT THOSE BUTTONS ARE NOT ON THE STEREO. THE OVERVIEW DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENT BUTTONS NOR HOW TO USE THEM. YOU HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF.

THIS STEREO IS MOSTLY FOR CASUAL USE AND RELAXATION. IT'S NOT PARTY MACHINE. THE SOUND ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS STEREO TO ANYONE? DEPENDS ON WHAT THE PERSON IS GOING TO DO WITH IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment