Uniden TRU9466 2-Line Expandable Cordless System with Dual Keypad and Call Waiting/Caller ID

Uniden TRU9466 2-Line Expandable Cordless System with Dual Keypad and Call Waiting/Caller ID
  • IntegriSound life-like audio
  • 100-name phonebook with 2 phone numbers per name and up to 100-number Caller ID memory
  • 7-way conferencing and DirectLink 2-way radio feature
  • Transfer phonebook memory between handsets along with intercom feature
  • Trilingual menus

This is a very high quality telephone system at a fantastic price. Admittedly, some will wish that this phone had other features, but I bought it because it matched my needs exactly:

1. Handles two lines.

2. Expandable without needing a phone jack connection for each handset.

3. No answering machine capabilities (we have, and prefer, voice mail).

4. Able to mute all ringers (handsets and base) for a sleeping baby.

Beyond this, we just needed acceptable range and sound quality -nothing extravagant.

I'm happy to report that these phones have excellent range, exceptional sound quality, and are a snap to set up. The expansion phones set themselves up by simply placing them in the base for a few seconds. It couldn't be easier. The menu system (on each handset and the base) is very intuitive (similar to cell phones), and offers many functions we will never use -but they never get in the way of the simple things.

Plus, the price was right. This has turned out to be a very successful purchase.

Buy Uniden TRU9466 2-Line Expandable Cordless System with Dual Keypad and Call Waiting/Caller ID Now

System Design

I've never owned a Uniden multi-phone system before. I started with the old Siemens stuff (utter garbage) in the 1990's and really liked the panasonic multi line systems that I've used in a few locations since they released them. Enormous frustration with the user interfaces on the Panasonic Hybrid PBX system in my office lead me to flee from Panasonic to try another vendor with this system.

The low cost of the phones and the ease of registering new handsets are terrific. My favorite feature is the programmable banner on each phone. Once the banner is programmed in, you can use the intercom feature on any other handset to call another location by NAME, not handset number! Really brilliant! A great design, if only these things had the range or a way to switch like a cell system to another base location.

Reception and Range

I should have trusted my instinct when reading about the 5.8 GHZ systems. If you read carefully, you will note that they do not make a comparison to 2.4 GHZ systems EXCEPT to note that the 5.8 GHZ systems won't interfere with most 802.11x networks. Unforutnately, when I replaced my 5 year old panasonic 2 line system with this, I noticed a significatn decrease in transmission range especially through the old stone barn walls of our house. I suspect the higher frequency just can't penetrate the old thick walls like the 2.4 ghz systems can.

Even though this system is supposedly spread spectrum and frequency hopping, if i have a bad connection and move around the house, the connection stays bad, even if i move right next to the phone.

I would love to find a consumer version of the panasonic cordless system that offers multiple "cell" locations on an internal phone systems. The engenius systems still seem like they aren't ready for prime time.

If you buy this system, be prepared for a decrease in range versus 2.4 ghz systems.

If I could find an alternative that's as well designed, I'd repalce this system quickly.

Read Best Reviews of Uniden TRU9466 2-Line Expandable Cordless System with Dual Keypad and Call Waiting/Caller ID Here

First, a couple of things.

There seems to be questions about whether the handsets support two lines. This confusion is created by very poor sales documentation, and even the manuals are week. I can tell you that yes, the additional handsets not only support two line, but do it very well and intuitively.

Secondly, those that gig this phone a star for not having an answering machine. Well, that just doesn't make sense. It doesn't have an answering machine on purpose! If you want an answering machine, buy the next model up that has the answering system you need.

For those of us with multi-lines and voice mail, this is the perfect phone. In fact, after a month of research, I do believe this is the only phone on the market equipped like this (multi-line, VM support and NO answering machine). All the others have answering machines you have to pay for, then never use.

Setup is a snap. The interface is very clear. The displays are very clear. The two-line operation is excellent.

Range has not been an issue for me at all.

Voice is clear.

I purchased 3 additional handsets.

If I HAD to gig the phone for anything, it would be that you cannot change the ringer sound on the base station. You can set one of 20 to each line on the handsets, but the base is fixed. I do find that weird.

Want Uniden TRU9466 2-Line Expandable Cordless System with Dual Keypad and Call Waiting/Caller ID Discount?

I have bought and tried many brands of wireless phone before, from Casio to Panasonic, from the cheap ones to the high end ones. But nothing can beat this phone. It is very easy to set up (especially to synchronize extra handsets), very clear reception and doesn't interfere with my network at home. This is exactly 2 line phone that I have been looking for all this time, believe me, I have searched many option and so far Uniden is the best choice.

I have tried so many and returned all of them, until trying this expandable phone system from Uniden.

RCA, Panasonic are really badly made and unreliable, ...this system is superior to them all.

Crystal clear reception, no interference in our high rise office building.

Plus the pricing is excellent if you shop around.

This is a purchase you won't live to regret.

0 comments:

Post a Comment