iLive 2.1-Channel Speaker Bar with iPod Dock (Black)

iLive 2.1-Channel Speaker Bar with iPod Dock
  • Compatibility: iPod mini; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G; iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G
  • Certified iPod dock recharges your player while you use it
  • 2.1-channel speaker system with built-in subwoofer for room-filling sound
  • Digital clock with adjustable timer and backlit LCD
  • Includes full-featured remote control
  • It includes full-featured remote control.
  • It has a digital clock with adjustable timer and backlit LCD.
  • Its certified iPod dock recharges your player while you use it.
  • It is compatibile with iPod mini, iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G and iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G.
  • The 2.1-channel speaker system with built-in subwoofer for room-filling sound.

I bought this against my better judgement after reading a few reviews that this product works really well for a short period of time but then just stops working. That is exactly what happened to us. I even looked at it and played with it at Target before purchasing online and it seemed decent enough for the price. My 14 year old daughter begged me for it. The first one I bought lasted 3 weeks, I exchanged it for another and that one stopped after 1 week. Do not buy!

Buy iLive 2.1-Channel Speaker Bar with iPod Dock (Black) Now

Got it around Christmas time..08

Today is Feb. 15 warranty ends March 7 just in time.

Won't power on.

Had to Unplug it as it is so hot afraid it will cause a fire.

Too bad I liked it when it was working ( except for the remote )

take away the one star had to tic something to continue the review

Read Best Reviews of iLive 2.1-Channel Speaker Bar with iPod Dock (Black) Here

I LOVE my new iLIVE bar speaker! I don't own an iPod. I bought this specifically for my HDTV to enhance the audio experience. Hooking up is basically plugging in a RCA Audio Cable (not included two color coded connectors: red and white) to the back of the speaker audio outputs and plug the other end of the cable into the audio inputs of your TV. How easy is that? Fabulous sound! I really like having full, rich sound (40 watt power with built in subwoofer) without having to find a spot for multiple speakers if I had bought a surround system. I'm not so thrilled with the remote, but there are Function, Volume, and Tuning adjustments on the side of the unit. There is also an aux line-in so that you can plug in your non-iPOD MP3 player. I plugged in my Sansa to check out how the bass sounds playing Marilyn Manson. Nice. For the cost of this unit, it's very versatile. TV, iPOD, MP3 player, AM/FM radio, what else do you want for under $100? Don't pass this up.

Want iLive 2.1-Channel Speaker Bar with iPod Dock (Black) Discount?

I bought this iLive speaker for my iPod because I needed to downsize from my old big-stereo/receiver/CD-player/with two speakers setup. It's a decent price for what you get, but I'm not overly impressed by any means.

The speaker itself is decent for the size of the speakers themselves. I wasn't expecting much, but the sound is adequate. It works best as background music for the party. It's not loud enough to really blast it/ bump it/ rock out to it. A little tinny/ treble-y but given the size, I sort of expected that. I can't really hear a subwoofer if they didn't tell me it was in there, I wouldn't believe them.

However, my main issue is with the remote. It does work, but not very well. The remote is definitely not laid out well at all. In the area where you would think the Volume Up/Down button should be, is actually the Bass Up/Down. So my natural reflex leads me to adjust the Bass instead of the Volume lovely. The Volume button itself is hidden in the middle, which is very annoying.

Also, just as annoying, the Skip-Song/Forward button doesn't seem to work all the time. It definitely doesn't work as well as the other buttons for some reason.

Another extremely annoying thing is that there's no Page Up/Page Down for Artists. It is brutal if you're in the A's and you want to be in the T's and you have a lot of Artists on your iPod. Your fingers will ache since it takes forever going up/down with the remote. In fact, I got so tired of pushing down, down, down that I just got up and did it with the iPod's wheel itself.

Overall, the speaker itself is alright, not bad but not good. The remote is awful and drives me crazy just thinking about it. I probably wouldn't buy it again.

**Edit/Update (Jan 2010) I received a Logitech Harmony universal remote for Christmas and it works very well with the iLive speaker. I am glad to have solved the horrible remote problem.**

**Edit/Update #2 (July 2010) The unit has died completely. Only two years of not-heavy use and it's dead. Not good. Definitely not recommended.

I bought one to assist the TV sound system. I am deaf in one ear and sometimes need the TV louder than others like.

Unit looks nice. It's heavier than I thought it would be, 10-12 pounds. Setting it up was pretty easy in spite of the poorly written owners' manual. You must supply your own RCA cable to connect TV.

Complaints. The least bothersome was the constant white noise hum in the background no matter what source was chosen. Sources Are iPod, AM radio, FM radio, AV1 and AV2. The most bothersome thing was the remote. To choose a source, you had to sequence through the list in only one direction. But the worst part was that to use the remote you had to be nearly directly in front of the IR sensor, at the same level and no more than 8 feet away. I got it to work once at 8 feet. Other times I held the remote less that six inches from the sensor and it still didn't work. Yes I replaced the cheapo batteries that came with it. I had placed the unit on a shelf above the TV and sometimes was able to get the remote to work by stretching my arm as high as I could reach to be level with the sensor. Still didn't work. There is a totally unobstructed view between the remote and the sensor. I even tilted the unit down a bit so I would be closer to a direct shot at the sensor.

After all this, I called tech support. He said he thought the sensor must be bad so he said I should return the unit and exchange it for a new one. I did exchange the unit, took the second one home, hooked it up and had exactly the same problems as I did with the first one. You guessed it. I took the second back for a cash refund. Don't waste your time or money on this. As you can see, I tried two of them and two failed

0 comments:

Post a Comment