JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and guitar inputs'

JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and guitar inputs'
  • 40W Total Power,Plays CD, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA (CD-R/RW, USB)
  • iPod dock,FM tuner
  • Twin super woofers,3-3/16 (8cm) Full-Range Speakers
  • Twist Auto Lock Door,iPod dock
  • Clock,FM Digital Tuner with 30 Presets

Nice boom box, very satisfied with unit. Sound quality may not be perfect, but good enough and lots of bass with the sub-woofer. I'm not familiar with the original Kaboom so I can't compare the old vs the new. I wanted all the input options, USB, MP3 CD's, Itouch, etc. Mostly, I wanted a line-in so that meant I had to get the RV-NB70 instead of the NB50 model. The guitar/mic input may get used for karaoke some day. The strap included is awkward to use, mostly due the size of the unit. I decided to get a duffel bag for it and padded the inside. That way I have a pocket for all the accessories. I haven't found a way to play material in a random fashion from the USB or CD yet, not sure if a way to do that exists. It would be nice if it could.

The only problem I've had is that I could NOT find a car cord for this Kaboom! The CA-R150 cord can't be found anywhere. Called JVC customer service and was told nothing exists in the catalog for a dc-in cable. So I went searching for something to use. I found the plug here.

Great Amazon deletes URL's Why? So it was supposed to say cordsplus . com Anyways search for the Philmore 255 plug

3.3mm x 5.5mm Power Plug With 1mm Center Pin Philmore 255 Part #1783 $8.39

Then I wanted to be able to clamp on to a battery and have some versatility so I used banana jacks on the other end. This way I can use a cigarette lighter converter like this: ( This was a RadioShack Enercell(tm) Vehicle Adapter Plug w/ Banana Jacks Catalog #: 270-036) or switch to use a terminal clamp to attach to a battery. rcaccessory . com / 12vclampswbananaplugs-new

Buy JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and guitar inputs' Now

Just ordered this Kaboom for my wife, she's a cheer coach and needed something that will not distort at louder volume and can fill large areas for practices, like a gym. She hasn't used it yet in the gym, but set up at home was a pretty impressive experience. This thing is loud.

Positives:

1. Docks & Charges iPhone, iPods. Music plays right through it and with the remote you can control FF and REW within a song. Only functions for controlling iPhone/iPod on the actual boombox are play/pause. So don't lose the remote!

2. Loud! Bass knob on left, volume on right. Large, easy to turn knobs with numbers of volume on blue LCD screen. Subwoofers on ends are protected by metal screens. I'm not an audiophile, so to me this thing sounds pretty good.

3. Smart doors! CD door and iPhone/iPod dock door have a nifty little twist to open feature. I've had portables before that all you have to do is push to open, so consequently any time you bump the doors they open. Not the case here, I like their set up.

4. This has an auxilary/line in, in addition to a 1/4" guitar jack. I'm not sure why JVC wouldn't advertise the Aux In, as people care more about that now days. There's one on there!

5. Easy layoutbuttons on the front are there, big enough, simple to use.

6. Not too heavy.

Negatives:

1. There are some features that can only be accessed through the remote, so don't lose it. Which brings me to #2-

2. No remote dock! Portable stereo? Yes. Big in size? Yes. So why not slim the remote down a little and make a docking slot for it on the unit so I don't have to put on sticky velcro and ghetto it up.

3. PriceFor this price (paid $270) it performs, but is missing some of these important features listed, lending a four star rating over five.

4. NO FREAKING CORD WRAP! Come on! I couldn't believe that a portable system, with a SHOULDER STRAP for crying out loud, would not have some kind of power cord wrap on it. Give me a break. Especially at this price, it's a major oversight. This combined with a missing remote dock/storage option is enough to make me want to give it 3 stars.

5. Not a huge fan of the plastics used. Here's what I'd lovetough trash can type plastic for the body with rubber ends. Again, at this price, I think it's something JVC missed. I feel like they are capitalizing on it being a guitar amp and charging more for that (in my opinion, irrelevant) feature.

Would I buy it again? Yes. Price is too high though, and if the price were to stay there then it needs some more very PRACTICAL features on it. But it worksdoes the job and plays music how it is supposed to: LOUD.

Read Best Reviews of JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and guitar inputs' Here

first off let me say, the sound of this thing is like a full on component stereo system, it is INSANE!!

I was looking at stereo recievers that have usb ports, they are hard to find and very expensive, so i

started looking at "all in one" boombox type systems. that is when i came across this baby, complete usb,ipod,

cd,fm, and it looks mean and bad ass!!! i am a heavy metal/classic rock guy and playing tool on this system

is f'ing incredible, sabbath sounds awesome!!! the bass is so good you will not believe it, and there is

a seperate volume control just for the bass. you get an awesome remote. the one thing that i wish was

different is that when you turn it on and it is on usb, you have to turn it to "random" that's another word

for "shuffle" each and every time you turn it on, when you turn the system off the "random" turns off and when

you turn it back on you must hit random again, it's not a big deal you just use the remote and it takes like

2 seconds, but it would just be nice if it just stayed on random. that's my only complaint and it's not a big one,

as for carrying this around town ect..., i have no comment, mine is place in a stationary position and will probably

never move from it's spot.

Want JVC RV-NB70 Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and guitar inputs' Discount?

Bought this to play the ipod in the back yard. It works GREAT!! Super sound and well built. As a side note, I used this in a wedding ceremony that had no access to a PA system. Bought a 25.00 mic and was able to be heard by about 100 people very clearly

Save 20% Off

We finally decided to purchase this boom-box even though several others like the Altec Lansing had more of the features we wanted. This was the only one in that category that had a CD player. The sound is good but could be greatly improved with a fully adjustable eq. It does get very loud for its size and also has good sound quality at lower volume. The aux inputs are on the back except for USB and iPod. The remote doesn't have a place to keep it safe with the boom-box and does several crucial functions so don't loose it! If your iPod is also an iPhone the user interface is extremely clunky and near impossible. The doors for the CD player and iPod dock have a clunky and chintzy latch which I hope doesn't break. On the whole we are happy with this boom-box and hope to get a lot of use out of it. However, for the price if there were anything out there like an Altec Lansing boom-box with a CD player I would buy that instead. Alas apparently there isn't a lot of demand for such an item or they would make it. Again if this just had a fully adjustable 5-7 band eq I would be very happy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment