NAXA NX-162 Digital LED Projection Display Alarm Clock Radio

NAXA NX-162 Digital LED Projection Display Alarm Clock  Radio
  • Projection Alarm Clock AM FM Radio with LED Display
  • Projects time on wall at the touch of a button
  • Wake up to Radio or Alarm
  • Battery Back up with 9V Battery (Battery Not Included)
  • 180-Degree Projection

I was shopping for a projection clock for a while, reading reviews, etc. But then I got this one, which had no reviews. Why? It was twice cheaper, and I assumed it couldn't be twice worse.

So far I haven't been mistaken. For $12 you get 2 clocks and an alarm radio. Not bad.

Notes:

1. Like many other projection clocks out there, the projection clock is independent from the one on the unit display, so you need to set both. It seems ridiculous, but could be a feature, if for some reason you need two different times set.

2. The projection clock is more flexible in settings. You can have 12 or 24-hour style of time display and have it alternate between time and date, if you'd like. Personally, I find alternation flashing annoying, and I don't really need to be reminded of the date every 3 seconds or so. The main unit clock only shows time and only 12 am/pm style.

3. The projection image is a little weak, but good for full darkness. You can't see it, if you have a night lamp on. But then there's the main unit screen. On the plus side, the image is not disturbingly bright at night.

4. Maybe it's my locality, but AM reception is way more clear than FM. I could not get any reasonable reception from FM at all.

5. There's a battery back up, and the projector image stays on constantly (or could be switched off entirely).

6. The setting of the time(s) is not very intuitive. I had to look at the instructions.

I haven't tried alarm.

In summary, this is a great deal for the money.

Buy NAXA NX-162 Digital LED Projection Display Alarm Clock Radio Now

I had wanted a projection clock for quite some time. I decided on this one after reading the reviews. I didn't need anything fancy; I only wanted to be able to look at the ceiling in the middle of the night to see the time. Admittedly, I missed the one important line the "technical details" section: "Projects time on wall at the touch of a button". The projection only works after hitting the snooze button, then it fades to off in 5 seconds. If I'm going to turn over to hit the snooze button to see the time on the wall/ceiling, it defeats the purpose of having the projection feature. Now we just have an extra clock/radio in the house.....I'm not paying shipping to return it.

Read Best Reviews of NAXA NX-162 Digital LED Projection Display Alarm Clock Radio Here

I bought this so that I can tell the time when lying down in bed and look up at the ceiling. But for that purpose it does not do a good job. The projection light is very weak and the numbers do not show very well at more than 5 feet. There is a focus ring on the side for refocusing the beam but that did not help much.

And oh one more thing. You have to set the clock up two times. Once for the main clock and then again for the projection. They seem to be two different clocks which was kind of weird.

Want NAXA NX-162 Digital LED Projection Display Alarm Clock Radio Discount?

I purchased this to replace an Oregon Scientific projection alarm clock. My projection was losing digits, and generally becoming less and less useful.

I am sorry to have done so.

The clock I received was VERY clearly used, and used well. The case was scratched and gouged, and it even had the marks from a screwdriver where someone tried to open the case.

I was ticked about that, but determined to at least see if I liked it the replace or return conundrum. So, I plugged it in, and set the alarm... which I barely heard. I couldn't tune in a station very well, but that was my only hope for an audible alarm, and it failed.

I will allow that since mine was SO beat up, it could have been broken, but I was so fed up with the whole ordeal I just didn't care anymore. The saddest part, for me anyway, is that I purchased it from Amazon.comnot some other joker listing his, but Amazon itself. The only nice part is I got free shipping out, and I don't think I had to eat anything for the return trip.

All in all, steer clear on this monster.

I bought this for a Chinese Christmas gift and fortunately I got it. I have been wanting a projection clock. This is the perfect projection clock. I was afraid it might project too small on the ceiling or too bright. I had always had to raise up in bed to see over my husband to be able to see what time it was. Not anymore. I just look up at the ceiling and find out what time it is. I don't use the radio alarm clock so I can't speak about that but I absolutely love the projection clock.

0 comments:

Post a Comment