Uniden TCX400 5.8 GHz Accessory Handset for CLX Series (also for T8, ELT, and VoIP Series; Silver)

Uniden TCX400 5.8 GHz Accessory Handset for CLX Series
  • 5.8 GHz digital signal; caller ID/call waiting compatible, 100-call memory
  • For use with Uniden CLX, T8, ELT, and VoIP series phone systems
  • USB connector and downloadable software; audio cable for custom ring tones
  • DirectLink 2-way radio mode; room/ baby monitor setting
  • Internal phone directory with 100-name and 400-number memory

These were just hand sets that go with the CLX 465. Really the same product, so the results were the same

Buy Uniden TCX400 5.8 GHz Accessory Handset for CLX Series (also for T8, ELT, and VoIP Series; Silver) Now

I bought the Uniden CLX-485 base and five TXC-400 handsets to replace my previous cordless phone system, as I could not get handsets for it anymore. Sound quality is very good for both regular & speakerphone use. The ability to mute & transfer calls is very nice. And, I really like the ability to go into room monitoring & privacy modes. In room monitoring mode, you can listen in to any other handset in the house....much like a baby monitor. In privacy mode, you can lock the system so that no one else can eavesdrop or cut in on your conversation. As I work from home, this is particularly useful in preventing the kids from dialing while I am trying to talk on a conference bridge.

Now for the downside, within six months, two of the most used handsets started developing an annoying trait where they would reboot after the smallest jostle. Put the phone in the charging cradle....reboot. Pickup the phone to answer a call....reboot. Hand the phone to someone....reboot.

Now, about 11 months after the purchase, all five of the expansion handsets are experiencing the same temperamental problems. The ones that have shown these symptoms the longest are now so fickle that they can get stuck in a perpetual reboot mode where the display goes blank, then goes solid orange, displays "Uniden" for some random length of time, and then it repeats the process. Sometimes pulling the battery for a couple of seconds resolves the issue. Sometimes a "love tap" helps. Sometimes...well, you get the idea.

Out of the bunch, the only one that still works reliably is the base station's handset. Maybe it has had a bit less handling, as I often use the base unit's speakerphone while working. Maybe Uniden made some additional changes--aside from the color LCD--inside these handsets. (The base station handset for this phone system is equivalent to a TCX440.) Bottom line is that I am not sure why, but I know that it is still working.

Regardless, I am left a little jaded on these handsets. I am quickly approaching my one-year anniversary date. As such, I am debating on getting them repaired/replaced, but even once that happens, they will only be covered by a 90-day warranty. Personally, I am seriously considering going to a different phone system. (I had two different AT&T phones with comparable features that served me faithfully for better than 4 years each. I only replaced the first to get a 2-line phone system, and I only replaced the second because of the aforementioned lack of expansion handsets.)

As for features...

Contrary to a previous reviewer, there is a redial feature. To access this, you push the little "joystick" down...as in towards the mic opening on the phone...not down like you are pushing a button. Several of these shortcuts are not documented, or not documented very well. But, they are there nonetheless.

Phonebook Okay, I really wish someone would make it easy to create & copy phonebook entries between phonebooks on other handsets. On this phone, if you create an entry, you have to copy it to each & every handset...one at a time. And, if you are on a handset without a specific phonebook entry, there is no way to have that handset access the other's phonebook to copy the needed entry. In this golden age of technology, I think phone manufacturer's could do much, much better!!

Long distance vs. dialing If go through the caller ID log, and add a number to your phonebook, it only adds the 10-digit number. Again, this is the age of computers. I should be able to define a "local" list of area codes (not just a single area code), and everything else should automatically get a one appended to the front of the number. It is common sense. This same behavior is evident when you go to redial a long distance number directly from the caller ID listing.

Read Best Reviews of Uniden TCX400 5.8 GHz Accessory Handset for CLX Series (also for T8, ELT, and VoIP Series; Silver) Here

I purchased my set before the full color version was available. I'm not crazy about the orange display, but it's not bad. I love the individual ring tonesit's better than caller ID. I have a diffeent ring for each family member. All their phone number ring the same tone so I know who it is by the ring; don't even need to look. The only thing I'd like to be able to do is turn off the flashing message notification on the handset but even that is minorI just need to pick up my messages. And, yes, there is a redial feature.

Want Uniden TCX400 5.8 GHz Accessory Handset for CLX Series (also for T8, ELT, and VoIP Series; Silver) Discount?

This phone has several major flaws. First, there is no redial, hard to believe, but true. Second, the orange color on the LCD is terrible. This color makes it hard to see the graphics, which are themselves annoying. Third, the LCD quality is very poor. Pictures,Words and numbers are grainy and appear very low tech, dated and obsolete looking. Lastly, the direct link/walkie talkie mode is a joke. It only works if the handsets are not in the charger and if you don't try to use the phone as a phone and if no calls come in. I would not buy this phone again. Between no redial and the terrible LCD orange color and LCD quality I'd have to advise you to keep looking. I have started looking again, and I'm stuck with 4 of these things!

5.8 GHZ clear, easy to use, and you can update other phones thru home computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment