Jensen JiMS-215i Docking Digital CD Player Clock Radio for iPod/iPhone

Jensen JiMS-215i Docking Digital CD Player Clock Radio for iPod/iPhone
  • iPod/iPhone dock alarm clock radio with CD player
  • Plays and charges iPod or iPhone
  • Auxiliary input jack for connecting iPod Shuffle, MP3, or other digital audio players
  • Built-in CD player
  • CD-R/RW compatible

I liked the idea of being able to play CD's and ipod's but to get this to work well was not happening. To get one function to work, you had to press a sequence of buttons and then if you were lucky it would do what you wanted it to do. To make this work better they would need to add a few more buttons so that each button connected to each function. If they did that I might try buying it again even if it was for more money. As it stands now I would not waste my time on it since I ended up sending it back.

In general the sound was good. The lighting display was not adjustable and might be too bright for light sleepers. The docking station does retract which was not mentioned in the description. It doesn't take up a lot of space either. The only issue is that the buttons don't function well due to the way you need to make them work. It did feel as if I needed a cue card every time I wanted to do something with the unit due to the complexity of getting music to turn on. The instructions did say it could be made to do continual play off of the CD after you played it once. I did it several times and could not get it to repeat no matter how many times I followed the instructions.

I did not bother to try the alarm settings since I was having so many other issues with just the music. Sometimes the button sequence would work to get it to play and the next time it wouldn't. One part of the directions said to keep hitting the button until a light on the screen comes on stating that you are in ipod mode. After a few minutes of hitting the button, nothing. the next time it would work with no problem. If you have a lot of time on your hands and don't mind waiting for it to work then you will be fine. If you want your stuff to work right away then move on to another clock.

Buy Jensen JiMS-215i Docking Digital CD Player Clock Radio for iPod/iPhone Now

I found it to be everything it said it was. I love the fact that you don't have to reset the time whenever there is a power outage or daylight savings time you can just sync it to your iPhone or iPod. Has everything I wanted CD player, radio, clock and charger for iPhone. I do wish I could get AM as well as FM stations though.

Read Best Reviews of Jensen JiMS-215i Docking Digital CD Player Clock Radio for iPod/iPhone Here

I bought this product from a local store where I could return it easily. I liked that it was small and even though I don't own and I-phone or I-pod, I wanted the other features. The radio did have a digital display and you went through the stations with a button, but it only found one station and that did n't come in clearly. As the other reviewer wrote, I found it too complicated for my purposes. It often did not read the CD unless I removed the CD turned it all off and started the process over. The sound for the CD player and the mp3 player were not bad, but not great either. The worst thing for me were all of the tiny buttons on top with numerous functions which you had to go through each time to find the one you wanted. I never tried setting the alarm because I disliked all of the other features so much I was pretty sure, I couldn't set the alarms and depend on them to wake me up. It is going back. I have looked for an alarm clock that plays CD;s and my mp3 player for almost a year and haven't found a truly digital tuning radio and something that is easy to use. I have two units that are over 30 years. They were both easy to set the time and alarms, had an outlet for earphones which I used to connect to better speakers. I haven't found another clock radio that does. They were tape players and will not longer play the tapes and I really wanted a CD player, but I am about to give up on finding this combination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment