Panasonic SC-HC27 Energy Star Micro 10-Watt Audio System

Panasonic SC-HC27 Energy Star Micro 10-Watt Audio System
  • Push to open Universal iPod/iPhone dock
  • Digital Music Connection for Playback
  • Pure Direct Sound System

Frankly, I LOVE this product! I bought this to use in a spa treatment room. I needed clear sound with very little space for wiring or additional speakers. This product achieved exactly what I wanted with great sound! I would highly recommend this for anyone like me who cant make it a day without music in a confined work space. The sound quality exceeded what I was expecting without paying the extremely high price for a Bose system. The coolest aspect is the docking tray works like a DVD tray in that it slides in and out for easy storage.

Buy Panasonic SC-HC27 Energy Star Micro 10-Watt Audio System Now

After researching Panasonic's line of compact stereo systems on the web for a few days, I decided to pick one up. Upon returning home from the store I realized the model I had bought was the SC-HC27, not SC-HC25 as was on display on the shelf. At first I thought "Hey, it's a newer model obviously, if anything it's better". Man, was I wrong!!!

The SC-HC27 is the "low end" model with 10 watt speakers, and yes, I was well aware when I purchased it. In fact, the sound output is really the very least of my disappointment with this unit. What really ticked me off about it is how Panasonic dramatically cheapened the 27 as opposed to the 25 or the 20. It's an over-all lousy unit compared to those previous models. So what makes the 27 lousy in comparison? Let's take a closer look at what Panasonic stripped from the new unit, shall we?

AM radio support

CDR/RW, and MP3 disc playback

Support for iPod mini, iPod Nano 1st gen, iPod 4th gen, and iPod 5th gen (video iPod)

AUX input

All of this is stripped from the 27 model, while the MSRP is left basically the same. So Panasonic cuts corners, and consumers get the shaft. This is the oldest trick in the book, make a lousy low end model that offers basically nothing for the money and it will entice the consumer to pay extra for the bigger one. In other words, this is not a good value at all and they know it.

I wanted this mostly to play along with using my 5th gen iPod video and my CDs, but there's no way I can even use my iPod at all. So I'm going to have to return this dumbed down version, and maybe see if I can get a hold of the older model, or else go with another brand all together. For a low end compact stereo, I cannot recommend the HC27, especially knowing what the previous model offered.

Read Best Reviews of Panasonic SC-HC27 Energy Star Micro 10-Watt Audio System Here

This is a great light-weight audio system for both CD's and iPod docking. Good, clear sound and great design. A real buy.

Want Panasonic SC-HC27 Energy Star Micro 10-Watt Audio System Discount?

The HC27 is compatible with iPod / iPhone 3's and 4's, and maybe prior... and... will charge them while plugged into a wall outlet.

This unit has a good variety of functions (e.g. iDevice, CD's and FM Radio), and it has fairly decent sound quality for this class of sound dock. The sound is somewhat mids-focused and spacious... and... the EQ allows you to taylor the sound to your preferneces. However the sliding door and cabinet has some vibrations at certain frequencies and volumes, which can be annoying, if you're obsessive about your sound. And the speakers can distort at certain frequencies at high volume levels (e.g. bass, lower mids). Best used as a low volume bed-side unit, or office unit for background music, or radio.

The unit is a fair value, when purchased at a discount from it's MSRP.

I bought this unit to use in a home office, and really like it. It's a good, quality player for the price, and I've been very satisfied with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment