JVC RAP10 Boombox for iPod (iPod not included)

JVC RAP10 Boombox  for iPod
  • 4W x 2 power output
  • Full-range speakers
  • Blue back-illuminated LCD
  • Wake-up timer
  • Thermometer

The sound on these is excellent for such a small unit. I was very surprised by the fullness of the sound and how well the room was covered.

Despite what the other reviewer says, this unit DOES work with the new 2nd gen Nano. I have a green 4GB Nano and it fits perfectly on the dock. Granted, the adapters may not fit the Nano I have, but it frankly didn't need one. It stood tall on its own with no chance of damage due to it incredibly low weight.

The bonuses of a built in alarm clock and the option to run on AC or battteries makes this product a done deal for me. I couldn't be happier.

Buy JVC RAP10 Boombox for iPod (iPod not included) Now

The RAP10 is a great value. We were looking to replace a radio that we had in the bathroom to listen to in the morning while getting ready for work. My wife chose the JVC RAP10 as the replacement.

For the unit's size, it's a great little iPod clock radio with decent sound. Having the ability to add our iPod nano when we want a little of our own music is a nice feature. It also has a miniplug line-in for other MP3 players if you don't have an iPod.

The RAP10's (+): the price is right, the sound is quite good for the small size, the small footprint is nice as we have limited counter space in the bathroom, the option to use 6xAA batteries rather than plug it in, the AUX jack, the remote and the backlit display.

The RAP10's (-): the case feels a bit too "plasticy", not much bass response (but it is a small unit), no radio presets and using the FM antenna is required to get some radio stations and having the wire hang off the unit is cheesy.

Overall, I really would recommend this unit for anybody not looking to spend over $100 for an iPod speaker system that has a radio and is portable. We have been very happy with ours and hope that it lasts as long as the CD boombox it replaced.

Read Best Reviews of JVC RAP10 Boombox for iPod (iPod not included) Here

Pros: This is a great way to get your iPod heard. Runs off the included AC adapter or batteries. Charges your iPod while on AC power. The remote control is nice too, I put a velcro pad on the back of the remote so I could stick it to the unit.

Cons: Lacks bass and midrange. A little hard to carry around, it's a small round case and there is really nothing to grab onto.

Want JVC RAP10 Boombox for iPod (iPod not included) Discount?

Before buying this item I checked reviews from other customers and also expert reviews. Opinions varied. Consumers said they were happy. Among the experts, the iLounge guy seemed very pleased, while others were not so happy about the JVC RAP10. But the price was good, so I decided to take the risk, and do not regret it one bit. It is a very good product in its category, especially considering the promotional price. I have to say that, given the reviews, I was surprised at how good it sounds. And the remote control is a great plus. It is extremely hard to find a similar product at a reasonable price with a remote.

This boombox works with any iPod that uses a dock connector. I've tested it with my iPod 15GB Gen3 and my iPod Nano Gen1 and they both work. My friend also got one and it worked with his iPod Video. The sound quality isn't as great as I'd hope, but it's not too bad, plus it's smaller than I expected making it extremely portable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment