LEGO Brick Boombox - Blue

LEGO Brick Boombox - BlueI bought this boombox for my 4yr old son's bedroom. I thought it was cute, and that it wouldn't be too baby looking in a few years assuming it would last a few years. What a waste of money. Within 2 weeks the cd player stopped working. It won't play any kind of cd's burned or regular. Not to mention the sound quality is TERRIBLE, but it didn't seem to bother my 4yr old. The aux input and the radio still work, but the cd player ( which is why we bought it ) is broken. I made the mistake of buying it from ToysRus...they won't take it back. They will exchange it for the identical item....but I don't want to exchange my piece of garbage for another piece of garbage. I wrote to Digital Blue, the company that manufactures this....and they offered to test my unit, and determine whether or not they will REPLACE it. Once again, I DO NOT want piece of junk! Save yourself the frusration and $50.00 ( which is kind of alot for what it is) and DO NOT purchase !

As the other reviewer already mentioned, this item is a piece of junk! Looks nice and that's why we gave it a try. The CD player stopped working after a few days and the sound quality is really bad on top of it, you'll listen to a different radio station every time you move :-(. I purchased it from Toys R Us as well and had no time to try to give it back yet, but I certainly will !!!

Don't waste your money!

Buy LEGO Brick Boombox - Blue Now

I admit it I am an adult and I bought this item. It had a lot of negative reviews, but they seemed to be written by people who gave this item to their four or five-year-old children. Those reviewers complained about it breaking after a few days. If you intend to give this item to a child, as I'm sure a lot of people do, perhaps you should pay attention to the warnings of those other reviewers.

However, if you are an adult who just happens to like Legos, likes the color of this item, and wants a radio and/or a CD-player, then I totally recommend this product! It has worked for at least a month and I've played it for several hours each time I use it. I have used it both as a radio and as a CD-player multiple times. It also appears to be cat-proof (they have walked on top of it several times). I have it in my kitchen near my sink, which is not exactly a delicate, protected environment. Therefore, I think the durability of this product is fully adequate for a person who is 10 years old or more, and possibly a younger person if he / she is careful. Also, the reception of this radio, while not perfect, is a lot better than other radios I have had in the past. In short, I recommend this product and I am glad I purchased it.

Con as noted by another reviewer, this item does not have a clock. It shows numbers in the photo / image, but those are the numbers of the radio station. A clock would definitely be a nice feature to have.

Read Best Reviews of LEGO Brick Boombox - Blue Here

Purchased this CD Boom Box for my 5 year old son. He loves it.

When you purchase it from Toys R us you will notice a sticker on the display that shows the time. Yup you guessed it... it has no clock.

I'm not sure if this is intential misrepresentation or just stupid lack of foresight.

Bummer

Want LEGO Brick Boombox - Blue Discount?

We bought this for our 5 year old. He loves running around and dancing to music, so he was quite excited to have his very own radio/cd player. We put up on top of his dresser so he couldn't mess with it (he's rather rough on toys). We noticed after a few days that sometimes the volume gets really loud, despite the radio being set at the lowest possible volume. To "reset" it you have to turn it off and then on again. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to just turn it off and on again and hope. Again, it was placed higher up, so we know our son hasn't touched it. What a piece of junk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment