Looqs MeeFrame 8-Inch Wireless Internet-Connected Digital Photo Frame

Looqs MeeFrame 8-Inch Wireless Internet-Connected  Digital Photo Frame
  • 8-Inch True touch screen with direct WiFi connection with access point to the internet
  • Send photos directly to MeeFrame from all over the world using your Flickr account
  • Remote control and 800x600 LCD Touch Screen
  • Alarm clock function; touch screen; real life 3day weather forecast; music player; internet radio; news

My wife and I bought two of these as Christmas gifts for both sets of parents. We took one to her parents at Thanksgiving since we are going to be spending Christmas with my family. Glad we did. This thing is worthless. The directions are nowhere close to being correct. It directs you to go to some horrible website where they are clearly more interested in hawking their dumb "web shows" than they are in providing customer service. You need this website to register your frame, but good luck figuring out how to do that; the directions are wrong and the page where you setup the frame is darn near impossible to get to(we finally found it via random clicking). Even after we got the frame "set up" on the website we couldn't figure out how to send picture to it. Turns out that didn't matter anyway since the thing was never able to connect to my in-laws WiFi anyhow. We would have tried harder to get that to work, but the touch interface is so poorly done that simply navigating through the menus is torture and God help you if you need to select an item from the drop down list on any page!

We finally gave up after about an hour. Trust me, you don't need this headache. I would give this zero stars if Amazon would let me. Who am I kidding, I would drive to their offices and throw this thing through their front window if I cared enough (the company who made the frame, not Amazon. Amazon is cool! :) ).

My advice to who ever makes this crap; based on your website you can't decide if you want to be a bad hardware producer or a bad content provider. Figure it out and get out of the other side of the business; you should only be focusing on doing one horribly bad job at a time.

Buy Looqs MeeFrame 8-Inch Wireless Internet-Connected Digital Photo Frame Now

After 3 frustrating days trying to get it to work, we are sending it back. Do not buy this product.

Some text from the many emails I had with my father trying to get this thing to work:

There was both a support and contact link and I got the following message when I clicked on either of them: The LOOQS brand and all her activities have been discontinued at the end of 2011. For product support and warranty matters contact the online retailer where you bought the product. So that was a dead end.

All right I give up on that, so let's see if I can make the link to your Picasa account work. I followed your instructions to set up a Private account, added the e-mail address and password you provided, touched the add button, and the meeframe screen immediately locked up. No touch functions would work, couldn't revise or change anything I had put in, it wouldn't go back to the prevous screen, or the meeframe home page totally locked up. And on that page the email address was grayed out with all the other entry points clear black and white. Okay I will try again. I turned off the meeframe and then powered it up again. It showed no Picasa link as it had before. So I tried inserting "Private," e-mail, and password again and again got a locked up screen. I am back to ground zero.

Read Best Reviews of Looqs MeeFrame 8-Inch Wireless Internet-Connected Digital Photo Frame Here

The frame is OK, all the extra features and the meechannel functionality is seriously lacking. It is a good idea for a product but it needs to mature a bit more at this point. Unless your good with electronics I'd pass on this one for one of the more straight forward, simple and cheaper digital frames.

Want Looqs MeeFrame 8-Inch Wireless Internet-Connected Digital Photo Frame Discount?

Not sure why the reviews on this thing are so negative... Granted I only have a few days of experience with this frame since giving it to my parents, and so if they call next week and say it died, I'll revise my opinion... But for now, it's up and running, and is doing what it should be doing, and so for $60 it rates as a pretty good deal. I agree the instructions leave a lot to be desired, but any good electronic product shouldn't really require you to read the fine print too much anyhow, and the set-up process instead should just follow a simple logical chain of progression... More or less, this one does, and it works... We used Flickr, as I signed up for it when purchasing and found out only after opening the box that I could have also used Picassa (frankly, not sure which is better, but as for this product, it gives you the choice, and we'll stay with Flickr for now), and just like it says, we loaded pictures of the kids into our new Flickr account and magically those pictures are now displaying on the picture frame in my parent's dining room... That's all I wanted this $60 item to do, and it does it... The biggest hassle was the touch-screen interface, which often misread my inputs, but I used the stick that screws into the back as a stylus, and after a few attempts, I got it to understand my login information.... It also took a little guessing at one point to figure out that the username it wanted was actually the nine-digit code that Flickr generates as an authorization code, but again that was firmly in the category of minor headache, easily solved... So if this thing lasts for even a year or two, it's well worth it... If it lasts less than that, I'll revise my review... But in general, the complaints I'm seeing here don't match my experience... So far I think it was a great purchase, and my siblings with kids are also loading up their own pictures of grandchildren for my parents to enjoy on their new frame...

Save 30% Off

The frame arrived and appeared to function as expected but there was a total lack of direction. The only instructions were to go to a web site for the manual. I never was able to find the manual on the web site. After an hour of trying to figure out how to upload pictures I was able to set up an album but it would not allow me to upload any photos giving the error: The upload was cancelled, or server error encountered. It might have worked just fine with a memory card but that was not why I purchased this, I got it so the family could send new pictures from across the country to the frame. When I tried to contact their support I got no response. Praise Amazon for their customer service and how easy they make it to return this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment