White Digital AM/FM-RDS Table Top Digital Receiver

White Digital AM/FM-RDS Table Top Digital Receiver
  • 3" 7W full range speaker with enlarged magnet
  • Clock and alarm functions - wake to radio or buzzer
  • 10 AM/FM memory presets
  • 9 1/2" W x 4 1/2" H x 6" D
  • Includes remote

This is a very appealing clock radio with digital readout that gives you name of song, artist, and other information as you listen. The mono aural speaker is warm and full. The radio is attractive, solid and well-built, evincing nothing cheap or plastic-laden. The AM is very good. Most FM stations come in strong. But hard-to-get FM stations like 89.3 from Pasadena (I live 40 miles away in Torrance) requires that I move the FM antenna, but this is not a big deal, just a nitpick.

Another important point: Because this radio has a remote control, it works great in your computer office. You can keep the WR-2 six feet or so away from your computer and avoid interference as you toggle stations and volume with your remote.

Post Script: Make sure to turn on the external antenna switch in the back of the Sangean. It improves reception by tenfold.

Buy White Digital AM/FM-RDS Table Top Digital Receiver Now

But was hesitant ordering a white WR-2 when the classic wood grain version has been around longer with so many satisfied owners. Reading one reviewer's post that the cabinet is not solid wood (instead wood veneer over particleboard) boosted my confidence but I still feared the possibility of ending up with a WR-2 with a white but cheesy finish. Buying things over the internet without touching and handling in person can be risky. Having recently unboxed my new WHITE WR-2, I am writing to say I am overwhelmingly pleased with my decision; you couldn't pay me to take the wood grain cabinet now. You would never know the cabinet is wood other than the solid weight and feel of the radio; the finish appears to be a high grade white plastic (like my iPod Nano but presumably with wood underneath). Absolutely Beautiful!

Originally I was shopping for the CC radio (made popular by advertising on Art Bell's program) but after reading reviews that identified problems with the display and memory buttons decided to review all radios I was able to find online (there are hundreds) and pick the best to meet my needs. I chose the WR-2 because it is fairly unique not having any buttons or knobs on the top or sides and advertised as having decent AM reception (I mostly use my radio bedside and listen for about an hour as I fall asleep at night and only rarely as an alarm clock. I will post again after I have a chance to become more critical of it's features and possible shortcomings. For now I am still dazzled with the appearance and simple layout of controls/features that according to my extensive internet search are relatively unique to this particular handsome radio.

Read Best Reviews of White Digital AM/FM-RDS Table Top Digital Receiver Here

I had wanted a new clock radio to replace an old one that made noise each AM waking me up for over fifteen years.

This is the one! Some of us like "heavy, solid, built well, like a rock", and indeed this is a really fine radio.

It has a wonderful sound for a small table radio, is beautifully finished, and so far, for the past six months very reliable alarm wise to get one up!

Keep the instruction book close for the first month, thoughsetting the alarm takes a bit of practice, but it's worth it!

A very fine value, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment