EMINENCE LEGENDGB12812" BRIT GUITAR SPKR; 50W; 8 OHMS

EMINENCE LEGENDGB12812' BRIT GUITAR SPKR; 50W; 8 OHMS
  • Hot-rodded British guitar tone
  • Has a Private Jack flavor, but with improved definition
  • Coloration: Thick and smooth with lots of mids and a very tight top end
  • Lot of definition and crunch

No joking or exaggeration here. This is a fantastic all around british style speaker.

You could use this speaker in any amp or cabinet and it would work beautifully. It is very clear and musical. Strong and powerful sound with a touch of chime.

Plus, it is huge. A gigantic magnet and frame, produces 101 decibels of volume at just 50 watts.

I am using it in an extention cabinet and playing through a 15 watt AC15VR. It is definately louder than the 60 watt speaker in the amplifier. But at the same time, when I turn down the forward pickup it is round and clean enough for jazz and finger styles.

The tone is touch sensitive, you hear everything. Crisp lows and mids and singing highs.

This speaker has a wide usable frequency range, 80Hz to 5000Hz.

It picks up ever little articulation your guitar, pick and fingers make. Not the fuzzy, nasal brit "Greenback" type sound. But a more even, classic "Heritage" sound.

I have a Vintage30 speaker and the GB128 is better sounding with gain on blues and classic rock.

I could not find a bad review on it.

If you have a cabinet that is large and cant find a speaker that can push enough air, here it is.

I am using it in an open back cabinet.

If you need to get some volume over your band mates or just want too give some new life from your old amp, I definately do suggest the GB128. You cant beat the price either. Get four.

It would sound great with American amplifiers that use brit style speakers, too.

You will not regret it.

Buy EMINENCE LEGENDGB12812" BRIT GUITAR SPKR; 50W; 8 OHMS Now

First let me say that I have owned many, many guitar speakers. I actually owned a Legend GB128 years ago and being the tweaker that I am, sold it and went in another direction. I have tried several of the Eminence Red Coats (Governor, Wizard, Private Jack), Cannabis Rex, Texas Heat, Weber Blue Dog Alnico, Celestion Vintage 30, Celestion Gold just to name a few. This GB128 speaker is the most balanced speaker of them all in my opinion. I like mids and they are fat and present without being overbearing/shrill (Vintage 30). The mids are more of a low mid and not a high mid like a Vintage 30. There is just enough low and high end, but not too much. The cleans sound fantastic and overdriven, the speaker retains its clarity. For the price that this speaker sells for, there is nothing even close in quality. If Eminence painted this speaker frame and put some kind of catchy sticker/name on the magnet, it could sell for > $100 easily. I thought that's what they did with the Private Jack, but to me, this speaker is not only cheaper but better. Absolutely no dope on the cone, which might be part of the magic and the only difference between this speaker and the Private Jack outside of the color/name. Probably best in a low powered 1X12 amp where the speaker is not being pushed to the limit. Perfect for a Deluxe Reverb, which is what I have the speaker in.

This is the first time I have been inclined to review a product on Amazon. I'm not sure why Amazon has this speaker listed like it is some kind of generic, but if you are reading this, take a small chance on this speaker and get it.

Read Best Reviews of EMINENCE LEGENDGB12812" BRIT GUITAR SPKR; 50W; 8 OHMS Here

I replaced an Eminence Wizard in my Blackstar HT20 combo amp with this GB128.

I was looking for a great sounding speaker, which the Wizard was, but a little smoother on the highs. Not so forward sounding. Got what I wanted.

Using primarily a PRS Custom 24, a Fender American Deluxe Telecaster and a Gibson SG, all 3 guitars shine through it.

Overall smoother than the Wizard, which was more forward sounding throughout the whole spectrum, but retaining great definition. On the Blackstar amp, works well either with humbuckers or single coils.

Sound is absolutely subjective, so try it out because it is a great speaker, but if you are not happy just return it and keep trying until you find the one you like.

PS: also tried a Cannabis Rex, which was amazing, but coupled with my amp, which is already bass heavy, had too much bass.

Want EMINENCE LEGENDGB12812" BRIT GUITAR SPKR; 50W; 8 OHMS Discount?

I play blues classic rock and country. My rig consists of a Gibson Les Paul with P90's, a now discontinued Peavey Classic 30 head and a matching Peavey 212 cab which came with Blue Marvel speakers made by Eminence. The factory speakers had a spike in the mid range that drove me crazy and after much research I purchased the Eminence Legend GB128 speakers. These speakers not only eliminated the spike but are without a doubt the best speakers I have ever used. They don't have a catchy name or come with a lot of marketing hype but believe me when I tell you that they are smooth, smooth, smooth. They don't require a lot of breaking in, have a later breakup and the tones a rich and creamy. This is not a heavy metal speaker though.

As the title suggests, I bought this speaker for my 2 year old Crate V-18. Now I like this amp, but it did have it's flaws, the most prominent being the fact that it can be very muddy, as well as having almost no clean headroom to speak of. The only thing I could do for it was use a Bad Monkey Overdrive as a treble/gain booster, but this effectively eliminated ANY chance of a decent clean tone. I liked the dirty tone, but that's all it's got.

I decided to try this speaker, and WOW, what a difference. With no other changes to the amp, it suddenly has a versatility it never had before. Turning the gain down actually results in a wonderful clean tone that isn't quite Fender and isn't quite Marshall, but is it's own lovely thing.

Now, the biggest surprise is that this not only improved the clean tones, it also dramatically improved the dirty tone. Where before I had to dial in a touch of dirt with the amp and push it with the Bad Monkey, now I have a full and rich range with the Gain knob all the way up the dial. It didn't change what I liked about it, but rather what I didn't like about it. Kicking in the Bad Monkey simply gives it another useful voice now.

Overall, the tone is tighter, a little brighter, and overall more useful and musical. The amp is still just a touch muddy, but now turning the bass down and the treble up actually DOES something. I suspect a change to good tubes will only make it better.

I'm not gonna blow smoke and say it turned this amp into a boutique-quality amp, but it did take it up several notches up the tone ladder. I would not have thought changing just the speaker could make such a phenomenal change, but it did.

Highly recommend the Eminence Legend GB 128

0 comments:

Post a Comment