Insignia NS-CL01 Clock Radio and Ipod

Insignia NS-CL01 Clock Radio and Ipod
  • Wake up to your favorite tunes with this clock radio that features a dock for your iPod. With 2 alarms and a snooze/sleep button, this clock radio will help get you going in the morning.
  • # Compatible with most Apple iPod models, including nano, mini, photo, 4th-generation iPod, 5th-generation iPod, classic and touch (iPhone compatible with audio output only)
  • # Dual alarms can be set to different times# Sleep function and snooze button# AM/FM tuner with 20 presets (10 AM, 10 FM)# Charges your iPod (by adapter only)# Green backlit LCD

I purchased two of these, one for each child as they were each getting a nano for Christmas. One worked fine, right out of the box and still works to this day (six months later). The other when first plugged in did nothing. So we returned it for another and the second one worked for about three months. Then all of a sudden it was just dead.

Buy Insignia NS-CL01 Clock Radio and Ipod Now

This was a total waste of money. I bought this item for my six year old to use with her ipod. She likes to fall asleep to music and also wake up to it. I thought this would be the perfect product...HOWEVER, the alarm doesn't work and the lowest volume level is too loud to fall asleep to. The radio also allows you to program stations but there are no controls to allow you to skip to the stations you have programmed in.

Initially the alarm clock did work just not with the ipod, then the alarm setting to wake up to the radio stopped working and now none of the alarm settings work.

My advice is to spend a little extra cash and buy one that might actually do what it's supposed to.

Read Best Reviews of Insignia NS-CL01 Clock Radio and Ipod Here

I finally remembered to pick up a new radio alarm, which means that this one will be receiving its long-deserved capital punishment for the crime of existing. Let me elaborate:

1. Smallest snooze button EVERhard to find with your eyes closed,

2. All of the buttons on top are actually hard to find in the dark. They are all right next to each other, and each button is only about 1/8 by 1/2 inch. Yikes! I can't even tell you how many times I pressed the wrong button.

3. Tuningno quick and easy way to go about it; you have to go through each station by repressing the tuning button a thousand times. And NO way to go easily from preset to preset. An old-fashioned radio dial would have worked better than this set-up.

4. Speaking of presets, sometimes the station that I'm trying to set "takes" and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure that I could find the instructions again online but really-this should be intuitive. I've never had any problems setting the stations with any other radio. Why were my stations not setting in the memory 100% of the time? Who knows. Sometimes I would try 10 times before the station would "set".

I think I bought this because I wanted something with an ipod hookup. It was not worth it.

Bottom line-DO NOT buy this, you will wind up late and sorry!!

Want Insignia NS-CL01 Clock Radio and Ipod Discount?

I recently bought one at Best Buy @ $40.00; I can see I would've saved a lot shopping here. Be that as it may, it does everything it promises to do but only with mediocrity. It has dual alarms, but the controls and buttons are somewhat confusing. I don't want to have to keep the instruction manual handy as a reference everytime I use the thing, but so far that is what is necessary. My specific misgivings are these:

1) It does not have an independent sleep/alarm volume. Whatever volume you choose to have your falling-asleep music (for me, my New Age mix) is the volume the radio will go off in the morning. And if you're a heavy sleeper like me, that may not be loud enough.

2) The alarm/radio comes on for 20 minutes and then turns off; my last unit ran for 60 minutes. This means that if I fall back to sleep then I'd better catch myself pretty soon because the unit will fall silent within 20 minutes, after which I'll really be in trouble.

3) It doesn't have a remote. I keep my alarm clock across the room so I have to get up and deal with it eventually, but sometimes it's nice to change songs or volume or whatever without having to go over there. I didn't think I'd miss the remote that much.

I like its small size and the sound is OK.

Again, it does what it says it will, but it's a mediocre product. I wish I'd gotten it for what Amazon is selling it for.

I have had this dock for 8 months now and I am very pleased. I use it with my iPod Nano. The sound is great. My only real complaint is that when I use the iPod feature as my alarm clock, it doesn't keep playing song after song. But, I only use it to "start" waking me up and use the buzzer as my real alarm clock. We got it for a good price at Christmas time and have found it to be well worth the money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment