Magnasonic MAAC500 AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with WakeUp! Battery Backup Alarm, Jumbo 1.2 inch LE

Magnasonic MAAC500 AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with WakeUp! Battery Backup Alarm, Jumbo 1.2 inch LED Display, SelfSet Auto Time Set & Dual Alarm
  • Reliable WakeUpTMAlarm - Rest assured that your alarm will still sound even during a power failure
  • SelfSetTM Auto Time Set - Automatically displays the correct time/date when plugged in and after power loss
  • Convenient 180° swivel projection so you can see the time on your wall or ceiling
  • Customizable Alarm Schedule - Set independent alarm time for weekday and weekend
  • Jumbo 1.2" white LED display for time, day, month and year

Bought this clock for my wife in order to replace an older one from another company. The old clock kept resetting it's time and date over night on random days causing her to wake up late. This new clock from Magnasonic is great. It's hard buying things like this online because it's something I would really like to see and feel before buying but it was such a great price that I went ahead and ordered one. Plus I've never had problems with returns on Amazon before. There was no need to return it though, my wife really liked the clock. The only thing she didn't like about it that her previous clock had was that it doesn't display the time of the alarm clock without pressing a button to check it. Her previous alarm clock would have the time and the alarm displayed at the same time. One reviewer before mentioned that the volume and tuner knobs were sensitive, we didn't find this to be true on the one we got. It has good enough resistance that it doesn't just slip easily.

Pros:

-Big Display

-3 LCD Brightness settings (Dim, High, and Off)

-Dual Alarm

-small foot print

-Wall/Ceiling Display

-Buzzer and Radio Alarm

-Wall/Ceiling Display stays on when LCD is turned off.

-comes with internal lithium back-up battery

Cons:

-Wish it had a digital tuner.

-Some buttons are hard to read (small text)

Buy Magnasonic MAAC500 AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with WakeUp! Battery Backup Alarm, Jumbo 1.2 inch LE Now

I like this product, but it has one serious and one modest flaw. Yes, it's small and handsomely designed. Yes, it's an excellent value. But I do have two wishes: (1) I wish it was easier to set the time that either of the two alarms will ring -the instruction manual is useless in this regard; and (2) I wish the display showed the frequency and band (AM vs. FM) of the station the radio was tuned to as it is now you need good lighting to see the frequencies molded into the dial.

Read Best Reviews of Magnasonic MAAC500 AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with WakeUp! Battery Backup Alarm, Jumbo 1.2 inch LE Here

I couldn't be happier with this clock it does everything I hopped it would and more.

I was replacing an Oregon Scientific projection alarm clock that the projection had broken in. This on does everything better than my old "OS" alarm, here's a list:

It's easier to set

It's small but I can still read number without my glasses

projection not too bright the old clock projection was so bright my wife would complain it was keeping her awake

numbers are dim-able

alarm comes on soft then escalates it's not jarringly loud at first, it builds to more frequent beeps

Anyway I'm very happy the other reviews almost made me not buy this but compared to other similarly priced clocks this thing is perfect for me.

Want Magnasonic MAAC500 AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with WakeUp! Battery Backup Alarm, Jumbo 1.2 inch LE Discount?

I purchased the MAAC500 specifically for the time projection feature which my Wife needed for night observation. It has worked well, however, the digital display which I have on a bedroom wall has become a slight problem. The digits, which when all lit show 8's. When you are reading the time, the contrast between the lit digits and the unlit digits that give the time is not enough to distinguish what time it is. It takes a concerted effort to figure out the time. I'm not sure if it was this way on day one or it has deteriorated in two months. Otherwise it works fine.

Save 22% Off

When I bought this I was looking for a projection clock radio that automatically set the time, had battery backup, and that also wasn't too bright. I bought this one because it said the alarm would go off even if the power is out. I hate oversleeping.

For some reason when the clock initially set its time it was off by about 10 minutes. Weird, huh? I was able to set it to the correct time manually, but it has gradually worked its way up to being 10 minutes slow again. How is this even possible? We have 2 other clocks that set themselves by radio and they display the correct time. I guess adjusting my alarm time is easier than returning the stupid thing, but very annoying.

The projection display is very readable and can be switched 180 degrees but not 90 or 270. You can also adjust to display the time directly above the clock or in an arc perpendicular to the clock along the ceiling or wall.

The radio is terrible. I found it very difficult to tune in the station I wanted and the sound quality is awful even for a news channel and to a non-audiophile like me.

I liked that there are several alarm setting choices.

I find the display too bright even on the dim setting. The clock faces me at eye level next to the bed and is too bright for that. I ended up covering it up at night and just using the projection display. Not ideal.

I like that the snooze button and the off button are not near each other so you can't mistakenly hit the wrong one.

I agree that it isn't easy to follow the instructions. I only got the alarm set properly after troubleshooting why it didn't go off the first two mornings I thought I'd had it set correctly.

So bottom line, even though I didn't return the clock, if I had it to do over I would purchase a different one and I will avoid this brand the next time I buy a clock.

0 comments:

Post a Comment