Nokia C3-01 Unlocked Touch and Type GSM Phone--U.S. Version with Warranty (Silver)

Nokia C3-01 Unlocked Touch and Type GSM Phone--U.S. Version with WarrantyI purchased this phone as a gift for my teenage daughter, she loves the phone...Initially, she was upset at me as I didn't ask her about her thoughts on what kind of phone she would prefer, so I thought I could use this phone if she didn't like it, well, after playing a bit with it, she got in love with this nice piece of technology...She is used to texting via traditional keypad, so she loves the idea of navigating through menus and options via the touchscreen while keeping the phone keypad for dialing and texting functions. Quality of the phone is great (my daughter has tons of pics she can keep in a large memory microSD card, so this is a plus too), the phone feels very resistant and the silver version is very elegant, fits perfectly into small pockets. You'll need to adjust touch screen sensitivity to your preferrences, but the phone has a good feature for completing this task easily. 3G and Wifi capabilities works great in my country, and even when my daugthers' sim card is from 2G technology, the phone has extraordinary reception at areas where her previous 2-3 Nokia phones (various Music express models) never had signal. Quality of pictures are awesome (have not used the flash at this time, but we'll see...). Overall, I highly recommend this phone for someone who needs good battery performance, nice quality pictures, all good stuff such as music, videos, etc., good signal reception and also wanting to keep keypad control for dialing/ texting while improving menu navigation through touch screen...Great product!

UPDATE! I had one of the first reviews for this phone, (maybe the first?) on Amazon and I can no longer recommend this phone for US customers. No US GSM carrier has sold this phone so Nokia has apparently decided it is not worth supporting in the US. They have some way of identifying the hardware and the new firmware is not available or downloadable through their software application. They have not only added features but according to release notes they have added bug fixes. Great, now I know I have a phone with software bugs that will never be fixed. My phone is also dropping calls indoors where I have never had problems with previous phones. I wonder if that is one of the bug fixes.

I tried to open a ticket with Nokia customer support, this was my response from May 3rd.

Thank you for contacting Nokia.

You will be receiving a reply from one of our Customer Care Representatives at the earliest.

Have a good day.

It's June 9th, haven't heard a thing. Nice way to treat your customers.

I had to replace the phone on my ATT plan ( Nokia Mural ) because the battery life was horrible, it dropped calls, would not receive calls and the menu navigation was awful.

I am not interested in a smart phone. My top priorities are battery life, call quality and ease of use. I could also care less about a camera in a phone. I also carry my phone in my pocket so the size and shape of this phone is important. For the 2 weeks I have owned this phone it has met all of these criteria. I went 3 days before the first charge and that was after playing with all the phones features like WLAN, bluetooth camera and media player and I still had battery left. The call quality is superb, people talking to me on the other end have also noticed the difference, no dropped callls so far. The ring volume is EXCELLENT! The main screen and goto menus are totally customizable so if you don't find this phone easy to use it is your own fault. The resistive touch makes navigation easy. The screen is also very clear and the picture quality is excellent. Texting uses the traditional key pad and utilizes the touch feature for special charachters. This phone is thin and the back is rounded so it carries well in my pocket, sometimes I forget it is there.

Now for the extra features. The camera takes pretty awful pictures but I find that true with most phones. Flash photography on this thing produces incredibly washed out colors. I the WLAN feature is great!, the default browser is very poor but it also comes with Opera Mini web browser pre-installed and that works surprisingly well. This does not surf the web as well as a "smart" phone but it is certainly tolerable. One of my favorite features is the * button can be held down for 3 seconds to turn on the camera flash for a flashlight. Love it! So far the software support from Nokia is poor because the phone is so new. There is no ActiveSync which I think is true for most phone. SUPL location, which uses tower triangulation to find your location, is available but I have not found an app that it works with yet. The java google maps does not support the touch screen. It comes with a built in mail app which support gmail. The is no plugin yet for Apple iSync. Hopefully there will be better software choices the longer this phone is out. The music player is relatively good, decent sound and a regular sized headphone jack is awesome. I also appreciate the ability to charge with both the Nokia barrel charger and micro usb.

I own an ipod touch which senses electrical conductivity, this phone differs in that it uses resistive touch which senses pressure. It is not as sensitive but has the advantage of not exposing a glass surface ( possibly more durable ) and you could still use it with gloves on. Once you get use to using the touch on this phone it goes smooth. It seems to work best with your thumb.

I would recommend this phone to anyone who likes to use their phone as a phone.

Buy Nokia C3-01 Unlocked Touch and Type GSM Phone--U.S. Version with Warranty (Silver) Now

This phone is one of the best innovations by Nokia. It combines both a touchscreen factor and a keypad design that users can make use of. The large keypad really helps for typing and the interface, as usual, is very user friendly.

There are somethings you have to be careful for... For instance, when you're sending a text message, if you accidentally touch the screen, you may hit the "cancel" button and your text will not go through.

I wish the text message interface woud be a little bit better. It just takes time to get to a text message especially if it's a recent one in my opinion. For some users it may not be a problem at all.

Also, this phone's vibration is a little light. You may not feel it vibrating for a call sometimes if you're walking or doing physical work.

Other than that, it's a really nice, SUPER slim stainless steel phone. the camera is very good. it has a flashlight. the dialpad is really large for your fingers.

Surely, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages & that's why I still use mine

Read Best Reviews of Nokia C3-01 Unlocked Touch and Type GSM Phone--U.S. Version with Warranty (Silver) Here

'Bought this phone about a month ago, I think it's fantastic. 'Best advice I have to give is know what you're looking for in a phone. Pictures are decent if you hold the camera extremely steady, video is average, call quality is good, honestly it's average.

The selling points it had for me include:

-Hefty phone, it's not flimsy especially w/ the Stainless steel backing I love it. The plastic isn't flimsy either.

-Wifi capable, not a deal breaker but it's convenient if you're bored in starbucks. No Ovi maps, but a physical map works just as well.

One of my keys creak, but I'm sure it's an isolated incident, 'still feels just as strong as the other ones and doesn't bother me at all.

I dropped this phone twice in the course of the same minute, and two of the keys were knocked loose (protruded slightly, but no play)

I googled dis-assembly for the phone and apparently nokia supplies a free manual for complete tear down of the phone, which I love.

If any think breaks on this phone, the screen for example, just get one for 20 bucks, look up the information, and install it yourself, no hassling with people over the phone.

Want Nokia C3-01 Unlocked Touch and Type GSM Phone--U.S. Version with Warranty (Silver) Discount?

I have always been a Nokia fan, but their basic phones sort of disappeared during the smart-phone craze. This phone was described somewhere as a hybrid, and I have found that this is a very good description. I really didn't want a smart-phone, but this gives me the best of both worlds. Battery life is great, it's an attractive phone, and I can go on the internet if I want to. AT&T doesn't consider it a smart-phone, so I am trying out an unlimited internet access plan for $10 per month. If I want, I can drop that plan and get free wi-fi access where available. The free Ovi mail account is good for folks like me who don't want to "text" but who occasionally like to communicate via email on the go. I did have some trouble hooking up to the internet initially, but thankfully there are folks out there (on the web) who have left great trails of useful tips--and so I programmed myself onto the AT&T links. I highly recommend this phone.

May 1 update: I'm still enjoying this phone, but buyer beware: I have noticed that this phone "jumps around" without my hitting any keys. I'm not sure why, but just be very aware that you have actually "locked" your phone, and are back at the main screen when you're done using any application.

0 comments:

Post a Comment