iHome iA9BZC App-Enhanced 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Black)

iHome iA9BZC App-Enhanced 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock
  • Wake or sleep to iPhone, iPod(docking models), custom playlist or AM or FM radio.
  • The sync button syncs clock time to always-current iPhone time settings in seconds , and charges and plays iPhone or iPod while docked.
  • Dual alarm with weekday or weekend 7.5.2 settings that allow you to set alarms for a full week, work week.
  • Or weekend with separate wake times or alarm sources to suit your lifestyle , plus programmable snooze time.
  • Customize and update your iA9 with advanced iHome apps by using the free iHome and Sleep app to tailor your alarm.

Just got this today and played around with it for a while. I was thinking of buying the iP9 last week, but am so glad I didn't because this one has been listed on Amazon since then at almost the same price.

I've tested the alarms, which work as they should. While the unit itself has the 2 alarms similar to the older version of this (iP9), the app, which is free to download through the app store, can have many more alarms. The features I really enjoy on the app are being able to choose "bedtime" music, and choose specific songs to play to fall asleep to or wake up to, and you can even set the volume on your individual alarms. The app also has things like the weather displayed on the alarm screen, which is always nice to know when you wake up. What I also really enjoy about this when compared to the regular iPhone alarm is being able to set the time for the snooze. The unit comes with the docks to support multiple devices, but I like that I can also plug my iPhone in without there being a dock since I have a pretty thick case on my iPhone. Another great feature is that by the press of a button on the device, you can sync the time on the clock to match your iPhone time. The one con I have found in the few hours I've had this is that the time does not remain synced, but is not off by more than a minute (this is stated in the user manual as well).

Overall, the fact that I can set the alarms and more from an app makes this alarm clock definitely worth it. The sound quality is also really great and doubles well as speakers in the bedroom.

The app is called iHome+Sleep (FREE), and there is also another one that you can use to wake up to internet radio stations (iHome+Radio) which costs $2.99, although I haven't tried that one out yet.

UPDATE 11/29/11:

I've had this for a few months. I'm not as impressed with the App as I was at the beginning. I've found bugs in it and it's failed me a few times (luckily I was never late). The alarms on the unit itself work very well. Maybe I just haven't figured it out perfectly, but the app alarms haven't really worked smoothly for me. Regarding other things...I love the nap feature that is both on the app and the unit. Also to note, the alarm DOES go off when the phone is on silent.

I reduced the stars I gave it from 5 to 4 because of the app, but I still recommend this iHome, especially since the former version that has fewer features is more expensive now as it's being phased out.

Buy iHome iA9BZC App-Enhanced 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Black) Now

I am a speaker "connoisseur." Therefore, I know and have used many speakers before. The i-home is a great product for so many reasons.

1.) It is very small and fairly light.

2.) The system has a form of an operating system, that can be updated through your ipod or iphone.

3.) There are adapters so your generation or type of ipod/iphone will fit nicely.

4.) You can set 2 alarms, with advanced settings such as:

the time

choose weekends/weekdays for it to go off

alternating buzzer or a choice of a digital am/fm radio station

can set a volume for the radio alarm

5.) Day Light Saving setting

6.) there is an mp3/auxiliary jack on the back

7.) great sound quality for the price!

8.) Equalizer that changes:

treble

bass

Turn off/on 3D sound

3D sounds fills the room

gives the music for depth and quality

9.) easy to set up

10.) Digital clock and radio

11.) Change the brightness for the LED screen

The Sound:

The sounds is great for what you are paying for. The speakers can be heard from my room on the third floor in the kitchen on the first. The iHome has the great 3D sound setting and Reson-8 speaker chambers with a bass export on the back. Therefore, the speakers music fills the room and the bass has some punch. I have hooked up mine to my dual subwoofer, so the sound is phenomenal. I have actually replaced my old sound system for the iHome and my woofer! Though, these are small speakers, so don't expect to get too much bass with these. They are perfect for alarm clocks, but if you want to use it as a speaker system, use a subwoofer and attach it to the iHome via the 3.5mm aux jack on the back. A problem is that the treble can be a bit "tinny" for a few songs, but only on 3/300 songs on my mp3 player does that happen.

Overall:

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for one of the best alarm clocks on the market (especially for the money)! If you would like to use it as a speaker system, i would recommend adding a subwoofer, since the small size of the speakers tend to indicate less bass. This is probably one of the best products (that have to do with music) I have ever purchased.

Read Best Reviews of iHome iA9BZC App-Enhanced 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Black) Here

This thing was easy to set up, looks very slick, is quite compact but it has a HUGE sound. Who would have thought a clock radio with bass and treble control! Well, I guess IHome did... Love the dimmable LCD and backlighting on the buttons. I've been laying a handkerchief over my previous clock radio because it was too bright next to the bed. One word of warning.... The "App-Enhanced" is something that is NOT built into the radio, it just means that it will play apps from the IPod/Phone when it's plugged in. I have an IPod Classic which is not connected to the net so I will not be able to listen to internet radio as I expected. I compared this unit to the Logitech Squeezebox and probably would have spent the extra dough to access Spotify and other streaming music sources. Oh well, I'll keep it because it sounds so good.

Want iHome iA9BZC App-Enhanced 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Black) Discount?

I bought this unit to replace a Sony ICF-C7iP clock radio that stopped charging my phone when it was docked. To my surprise when I got this radio & tried to dock my iPhone 4S to it, the same thing happened. My iPhone will not charge when docked to either clock radio. The funny thing is that the iPhone will play music through the iHome with no problems. I tried re-seating the phone with no luck. I tried cleaning the contacts with compressed air thinking that there maybe was lint preventing a clean connection. No dice. But when I plug my phone into a standard sync cable or a syncing dock, it will charge fine. I had also tried plugging the iHome into a different outlet with no luck either.

I believe the problem is with the latest iOS upgrade. I upgraded to 5.1 and I believe this is what's causing the problem. Very strange how an upgrade like that would stop something so basic such as charging from occurring. I think that if you have iOS 5, you're OK. So you can do a few things to prevent this from happening if you have yet to upgrade your iOS:

1. Keep your phone on iOS5. From what I understand, once you upgrade your OS on your iPhone, you can't revert it back. I tried doing a restore several times with no luck.

2. Wait for iHome to release a firmware upgrade for the latest iOS. I emailed their tech support asking for help and hope to hear back from them soon.

3. Wait for Apple to release a new upgrade to iOS which will hopefully fix the issue. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one as companies like Apple don't care about aftermarket companies' products (iHome, Belkin, etc.). If they're going to release an update, it's going to be to fix various bugs & to offer enhancements on the iPhone, not to fix incompatibility with aftermarket products.

Other than that, I like this clock radio very much. It was very easy & quick to set up and customizing the alarms is a very nice touch. I like the fact that you can adjust not only the snooze time (1-29 mins), but can adjust each alarm's volume. I also like the volume buttons and the tuner buttons...they are much easier to use than the stupid dials that the iH9 has. Plus it's very reasonably priced...can't beat that!

Overall, this is a nice unit. I am disappointed that my iPhone does not charge on the clock radio which is the primary reason I bought this. Once that gets fixed, this will be a perfect clock radio.

One last note. I also have an iHome iH9 clock radio which charges and plays the iPhone with iOS 5.1 no problems. So if you're in the same situation as me and are in the market for a new clock radio, you might want to look at this one first. Yes it's a bit more expensive (at least on Amazon) but it might be worth it since you most likely won't have any compatibility problems with it.

The "iHome iA9BZC" is a very good, full feature radio alarm clock and dock for iPods (including our 3rd generation iTouch). We already own (and like) the iHome iP9 Speaker Dock with Clock Radio for iPod and iPhone (Black), but like the enhancements they made on this model. Here are my observations:

+ iPod Dock Makes firm connection using the included inserts

+ AM\FM Radio Good reception on both bands

+ Dual Alarm Clock A nice feature since my wife and I both use this clock

+ Remote Control Full function remote control

+ Audio Quality To my untrained ear, this unit sounds very good for a nightstand clock radio

+ Brightness Control sets the display brightness

We have not installed the free app that provides additional alarms and control options since my needs are more basic. There is also a paid app available that allows for the addition of Internet radio stations when the iPod is attached.

Overall I am very pleased with the iP9BZC both as an iPod charger and as full featured clock radio.

Highly Recommended!

CFH

0 comments:

Post a Comment