Samsung YP-T7JZ 1 GB Digital Audio Player with FM Tuner & Recorder

Samsung YP-T7JZ 1 GB Digital Audio Player with FM Tuner & Recorder
  • Lightweight, multi-format digital audio player with 1.2-inch color LCD
  • 512 MB flash memory holds 8 hours of MP3 and 16 hours of WMA audio
  • Compatible with MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and PlaysForSure secure WMA
  • Integrated voice recorder; FM tuner (with record function); 8 EQ presets
  • Rechargeable battery; measures 2.5 x 1.5 x 0.6 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty

Great sound. Sensible menu structure. You can use Windows Media Player or drag and drop files and folders. Has line in. Has built in microphone or you can use line in. FM radio actually works fairly well. You can record from FM too. Compression rate is selectable from unit as opposed to PC. Very small but still able to push buttons with old, beat up fingers. Screen very readable, unlike my Erickson/Sony cell phone. Battery life is reasonable. Customer support has been great. I had one problem that required help from the "next level" and he explained how to fix PC related problem.

Draw backs. Requires USB port to charge (or separate USB charger that you buy). Supplied ear buds are terrible. If you want to listen to music you will have to buy something better. Does not work with Mac OS X. You cannot drag and drop from Mac. Player is not recognized at all by Mac. Technical support says if you put more than 9 folders on player, it may (or may not) erase something already there. They are working on upgrade to firmware to address this issue.

Overall I am very pleased with player and use almost all the features. I highly recommend it. iPod comes up short on features by comparison.

Buy Samsung YP-T7JZ 1 GB Digital Audio Player with FM Tuner & Recorder Now

This is a great product, its small & chunky (like a Zippo lighter), wonderful craftsmanship, a very nicely made quality device, the screen is bright and colorful, for such a tiny device the controls are surprisingly easy to operate (I love the background strobe or flash light which comes up everytime the navigator button is depressed), it works with Windows Media Player, its loud, has a hook for a neck strap,its easy to sync, you can even drag & drop files, feature by feature it beats iPod (even the dimensions make it easier to carry it around in the pocket), has an FM Tuner/recorder, Mic, Voice Recorder and best of all line in encoding (with this feature you can record from virtually any other device if it has a line out (an earphone port i.e. a headphone socket would do just fine as well), I actually have the YP-T7JX which is identical except that it only has 512MB but comes in a cool Aqua color.

I had to reset the device after I had to shut down the computer when I was charging the device for the very first time via the USB port and it left the device lifeless, it wouldn't load or charge, anyway I called Samsung customer service and they adviced me to hit the reset button which I did and then everything went just fine (make sure when you are charging it the first time that you don't disturb...don't have your computer go on standby or hibernate).

All in all, I recommend this 100%, you can't go wrong here, this gadget is cool.

Just an idea for Samsung for the next evolution of this product, build tiny speakers into this like a miniature boom-box, so one can just leave it on the desk and listen without the headphones (its possible to do this even now for a short while in a quiet room, the sound coming out the headphones is quite loud when its set to full volume)

Read Best Reviews of Samsung YP-T7JZ 1 GB Digital Audio Player with FM Tuner & Recorder Here

I just picked this up in December and have not put it down since! What a terrific product Samsung has put out for us music/gadget fanatics! This little guy is impressive to look at with a very robust and colorful screen, the menus are easy to navigate through and it is user-friendly all the way around. I was torn between this and the iPod Nano but I'm very happy with my selection thus far especially since it offers the option of an FM tuner which you can record from directly into the unit! I bought a rubberized cover for it which I highly recommend to keep it clean, prevents slipping when you put it on a surface and protects against scratching the outer casing. Other owners have dinged the earbuds on this but I don't have any complaints except that they fall out from time to time (as with any earbud) so I'll most likely upgrade to BOSE noise-cancelling earphones. The sound on this unit is EXCELLENT as it has surround sound capabilities and different settings to choose from. In addition to my 1GB unit, I purchased two 512MB units as Christmas gifts so that should tell you something about my level of satisfaction. I also purchased a two year replacement contract since as with any portable device, the risk of damage is greater. If I could put something on a wish list it would be that Samsung include a case and neckstrap with the unit as mine did not come with those items. Definitely one of the better mp3 units I've seen out there!

Want Samsung YP-T7JZ 1 GB Digital Audio Player with FM Tuner & Recorder Discount?

I was so undecided between getting this Samsung vs. the iPod Nano. Going with the Apple felt 'comfortable' as they are everywhere and my kids both have one. Problem I had with Apple products is that there is no FM Tuner (biggie); and I also hate the little 'roadblocks' that Apple places on music file movement between programs (another biggie). My final reason for choosing the Samsung is that I've NEVER had a bad product with their label on it.

Now onto my general thoughts on the YP-T7z: 1 gig, color screen, multiple adjustment options such as full band EQ, Bass Boost, 3D effect adjust, Surround adjust. This Samsung is simply amazing when it comes to sound tayloring. Earbuds are adequate however a larger driver phone really sets off all the adjustments you can do. Battery life is fair I really wish this ran on a AAA vs. the rechargable ION. Look for 5-6 hours of MP3 and about 10 hours of FM usage. Product fit and finish is A+++. Locate and remember where the reset button is, I connected mine to my wife's older (slow) laptop and, while the file swapping worked, the unit had to be reset before it would operate again (just FYI).

Highly recommend this product if you want to avoid the iPod cattle call.

After losing my Sony NW-E505 =( I decided to get this Samsung product for a refreshing change. I'm glad I did! You might not agree from the picture, but it's very beautifully designed...A+ for craftsmanship! The screen measures 1.2" diagonally (which I frowned upon at first) but it's actually an adequate size for viewing photos. However, it's just a little extra feature to sweeten this baby up...Samsung clearly did not try to make it a grand bling-bling thing. You can view photos while listening to music, but there's no slideshow feature (you have to manually flip through the photo album). Bummer, but I can live with that just fine. The navigation is a little weird at first, but after 30 minutes of messing around with it and referencing the online user manual it was totally user-friendly. In fact, it's almost like navigation around your typical cell-phone. When you listen to music and have to stop or turn the device off, it will pick up where it stopped when you turn the player on again! Neat-o! Someone said the headphones are horrible, but I thought it was pretty good in terms of sound. It's just annoying in that it falls out of your ears easily. There's also a drag-n-drop feature, which is great. I'm not into playlists, so I haven't bothered with that feature yet. The radio feature is always a plus! Though it works just fine, I thought the Sony had slightly better reception...well, I guess that's not really relevant. In terms of battery life, I measured it out to be a little over 9 hr. This sucks compared to my old Sony because the Sony lasts waaay longer than 9 hrs, but I guess that is another shortcoming I'm willing to overlook. Lastly, when connecting or disconnecting the USB cable to the player, you must use extra force (it's OOOKayyyyyy) or else it'll never work...

Update 2/25/07:

Wow...I love this samsung even more. I accidentally left it in the laundry machine and it survived! Now, I'm not saying that it will survive a second time, but at least you're given a little leeway for carelessness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment