Satechi SP3-Box Docking Alarm Clock Radio Speaker for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nan

Satechi SP3-Box Docking Alarm Clock Radio Speaker for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nano 6G
  • Made for iPhone and iPod: Alarm Clock and Radio Speaker System with 2" speakers
  • LCD backlit screen with dimmer displays time, volume & function features
  • Built-in alarm clock activates iPhone or iPod and FM radio station with Snooze & Nap function
  • Fully-functional remote controls both your speaker & iPhone or iPods
  • Compatible with iPod nano G1/G2/G3/G4/G5/G6, iPod Touch G1/G2/G3/G4, iPod Classic 80Gb/160Gb and iPhone 4S/4/3Gs/3G (works with bumper on)

I really like this product, it does everything I want from it with ease. It looks great, sounds pretty good, charges my iTouch and is fairly simple to set up (instructions always pretty important) and comes with a really nice looking remote too.

The display is clear and easy to understand and I love the fact it is a radio as well as a docking station. The panel that displays the time has a backlight with 3 dimmer settings, dim, low-bright and brightest. So, if you cannot sleep in anything but complete darkness, you will love the dimmer option.

The volume can be as quiet or as loud as you like. I have it quiet and find it a really nice way of waking up. I am using it in my bedroom and my office and sound quality is always good.

It took me about 5 seconds to set the time, and another 5 seconds to set the alarm. That is just awesome! There are also 2 alarm settings, al1 and al2. I can set one alarm to my iPod and the other one to the radio. I haven't bothered to use the snooze yet. There are also annoying nature sounds you can set for the alarm. The one called water makes me pee.

The real surprise for this speaker is that I tried it with my brothers iPhone 3G, and we were able to charge the iPhone and listen to music. The remote is also working. But, there is a quirk. First, iPhone warns you that the accessory is not made to work with iPhone. The thing is it works in the 3G network, however when we switched it to edge network, it made weird noises. So, as long as we kept the iPhone in 3G network, the speakers worked perfectly.

I recommend it to pretty much anyone that wants to be woken up by their own style of music rather than whatever the radio has to offer. I will definitely buy another one for my brother this Christmas.

Buy Satechi SP3-Box Docking Alarm Clock Radio Speaker for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nan Now

the price can't be beat on this: the speakers sound a lot better than what is offered elsewhere in the same price range, the functionality is simple and straight forward. the unit automatically plays from the iPod app on the iPhone but with a simple switch to 3rd party applications like Pandora or last.fm, it works with those too.

Read Best Reviews of Satechi SP3-Box Docking Alarm Clock Radio Speaker for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nan Here

Looking at the reviews, I called the Satechi customer

service to make sure the speakers would work with iPhone 4. They confirmed that

they upgraded the unit to "works with iPhone". They also told me that

it would work with the bumper, which was a selling point for me, because I

didn't want to take it out all the time. It came with a white clean package

that said "Made for iPod, iPhone". Set up was very easy, basically

plug and play. I could able to plug the iPhone with bumper, no problems there. No confusing controls, I just looked at the manual to setup the

alarm. Sound quality is pretty good, can fill the whole bedroom. I put it on the bedside drawers, now I can listen to Pandora while I

read my Kindle and wake up to my music on the iPhone 4 instead of all the

time same alarm sound on iPhone. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and

hope it will last long.

Want Satechi SP3-Box Docking Alarm Clock Radio Speaker for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nan Discount?

I spent several months searching for a clock/radio compatible with the iPhone 3G that was under $100, and came up with this. I have never heard of Satechi, and don't know anyone that has, so I was a little worried about ordering this.

When it arrived I unpacked it and was quite impressed by the build quality. It is a sturdy box shape with two large dials on top and two rows of buttons in between. It came with several inserts for the different generations of iPods, unfortunately there was no insert for iPhone/iTouch.

Pros:

1. Compatible with iPhone 3G. Charges and plays. No interference has been experienced yet.

2. Packed with features:

Two alarms

Alarm can be radio, iPod, or nature sounds

Nap alarm 10-60 minute timer so you can nap without resetting your alarm times

Sleep timer fall asleep to you music and it will power itself down

3 light settings for the LED front High, Low, and off

Full feature remote Can access iPod/iPhone controls and menus with the remote

3. And, finally, above average sound quality

Cons:

1. No insert for iTouch/iPhone Not a big deal for me because my iPhone is in a silicone case, so there is not a lot of movement

2. Sound quality at low volumes While I listed above average sound quality as a "pro", it has decent sound quality when it is turned up. At lower volume, the highs seemed to be drowned out.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone. Based on amazon and ebay reviews, the SP2 is a far superior product to the similar SP1.

Save 29% Off

This works great, just as one could hope for, the only thing I don't like is you cannot adjust the volume for the alarm. It's always full blast, It about gives me a heart attack when I wake up when it goes off, so I cannot use it for the soul purpose I intended when I bought it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment