Coby KTFDVD1093 10.2-Inch Under-The-Cabinet LCD TV with Built-in DVD/CD Player and AM/FM Radio(White

Coby KTFDVD1093 10.2-Inch Under-The-Cabinet LCD TV with Built-in DVD/CD Player and AM/FM Radio(White)
  • 10.2" Widescreen Tft Under-The-Cabinet Dvd/Cd Player With Atsc Digital Tv Tuner And Am/Fm Radio,Tft Color Display
  • DVD,DVD+R/RW, CD,CD-R/RW, and JPEG compatible
  • Dual Atsc/Ntsc Tuner For Digital And Standard Tv Broadcast Reception, Digital Am/Fm Radio
  • Audio/Video Input Jack For Video Games,Vcr'S, Or Other Av Sources
  • Convenient Front Panel And On-Screen Display, Integrated Stereo Speakers, Multiple Languages, Parental Lock Control

For the price and package I thought I had found a good all in one product to install in my kitchen with ease to stow away.

Upon unpacking this product brand new I found it to be very cheap plastic. I tested by plugging into my cable tv and found that it takes about 10-15 seconds for the unit to warm up to show a video picture. The next BIG complaint, is the volume is very weak. To the degree that if you were the only one in the kitchen and cooking and/or running the water at the sink you would not be able to hear even if it was turned up all the way. Then when it does show a picture it is of very very low quality. To change from TV to Radio or DVD it takes about 6-8 seconds between starting the new feature. The DVD drawer would not open all the way nor shut. This was a disapointment finding it defective out of the box. The remote control is suppose to have a magnet to place against say the refrigerator, it was missing any magnet from the packaging. The screws for mounting were missing as well.

I found a 15 inch LCD/HD Polaroid TV from my local Walmart for less money which out performs this by 100%.

This Coby product's performance/quality is not up to my expectations. Product was missing parts and accessories.

I would highly advise steering clear of this junk. This one was returned to Amazon.

Buy Coby KTFDVD1093 10.2-Inch Under-The-Cabinet LCD TV with Built-in DVD/CD Player and AM/FM Radio(White Now

After reading many reviews before buying a product like this, and being very skeptical based on the bad reviews, we decided to give this unit a try. It seems you either love it or hate it. I decided to side with the "love it" extreme. Though it may not be a perfect product, it is perfectly suited for what we're using it for. I'd like to defend some of the features people were disappointed in:

Ease of mounting We put it up in about 5 minutes. The holes were aligned on the template just fine, and it came with two sets of screws. Any difficulty might be with cabinets that are recessed or not deep enough. You need a good 18 inches depth to have enough room for cables behind and to operate the controls if cabinets come down over them. We have a corner cabinet it fit perfectly under.

Volume/sound quality The volume control works fine. The sound is a little dull, but, hey, this isn't a Bose system.

Picture quality Again, consider what you're paying and what you're getting. The picture is just fine to sit and watch the news or a cooking show in your kitchen. As far as needing to be dead on to view the screen, I haven't found that to be true. It was actually better than I expected for an LCD screen.

Delay between features It does take a few seconds to switch between DVD mode/TV mode/radio mode, and to power on, but there is an indicator bar on the screen so you know the progress you're making. It really isn't that annoying. (Also about the DVD player, it does need to be on and in the DVD mode before it will eject.)

Not cable ready Our cable connection works fine.

The magnetic remote Mine wasn't magnetic either. But I'll live.

As far as durability, I'll have to wait another 91 days to see if it dies when the warranty expires. I'll revise my review if it does! Otherwise, I'm glad we purchased this unit. Even my 14-year old son, who loves electronic gadgets, thinks it's pretty cool.

Read Best Reviews of Coby KTFDVD1093 10.2-Inch Under-The-Cabinet LCD TV with Built-in DVD/CD Player and AM/FM Radio(White Here

This undercounter 10.2" TV (from what I was able to try) works great:

The screen size is nice

The controls and screen are splatter resitant

The display swivel works great then securely stays under the base

The digital tuner picked up more stations than any other TV I own

The picture (for digital TV) is excellent

The analog picture is average

The undercounter mounting worked great

The customization menus are very nice, although not the most extensive more menus would be unnecessary for such a small display

It saved my settings when wall power went off

White color looks at home in a kitchen

I really can find no faults, except there were a few things I didn't try. It has MP3 capability, which for DVD players is normally poor with no random or menu controls. I didn't try this function yet so I can't complain. And the remote control battery came dead so I didn't try that either yet. If either of these two are remarkable I will report back.

Other than that, this display is a tremendous value.

Want Coby KTFDVD1093 10.2-Inch Under-The-Cabinet LCD TV with Built-in DVD/CD Player and AM/FM Radio(White Discount?

It has tons of features and a very good picture, but the quality of the product is extremely suspect. The first one I received had a stuck DVD/CD tray and had to be returned. The second one is now experiencing the same issue. Occasionally the tray will get stuck and require a few "knocks" to the underside of the system to get it to release. I'm going to give a week or two longer and if it occurs again, it's going back for refund this time.

Coby makes cheap electronics and this one isn't that cheap to be experiencing such basic issues. I would go with something a little more reliable even if it means paying an additional $50 or doing without some features.

I purchased this model after my GPX kitchen TV died after 1 year (junk). The picture on this TV is far far better than the GPX TV. Installation was very easy. My only complaint is that the remote buttons all look the same and the volumn controls don't stand out from the rest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment