GenevaSound All-in-One Stereo for CD, iPod, iPhone, Radio Line-in (Large-White)

GenevaSound All-in-One Stereo for CD, iPod, iPhone, Radio Line-in
  • iPod+ iPhone Universal Dock compatible with all iPod® models. This has a 30 pin dock that will work with iPhone 4S and earlier
  • CD player - slot loading, with best class laser
  • FM radio with digital tuner; easy-programmable presets
  • RCA plug for all auxiliary audio - e.g., satellite radio, MP3 player, Shuffle, turntable, TV, computer, wireless streamer, and more
  • Stereo-mini input for all auxiliary audio - e.g., satellite radio, MP3 player, Shuffle, turntable, TV, computer, wireless streamer, and more

Previously, in my search for the ultimate "all-in-one" sound system, I purchased the B&W Zeppelin and Bose Sounddock 10 and put them head to head in my own home. The B&W zeppelin was the clear the winner of that comparison with clear natural sound that really brought out the beauty of recorded music. The Bose had more volume capability and slightly more bass in the lowest registers, but it struggled to bring out the tone, accuracy and depth of the Zeppelin and my refence system, consisting of Full range Dynaudio Towers and NAD amplification. Of course this led me to wonder if there were any other systems out there that could be better yet. This led to me to Geneva. The Geneva line of systems has been out for several years, but I had never listened to them before. Geneva has systems of various sizes ranging from S to XXL, and I went with one right in the middle, the L. When I received my Geneva L, I was immediately impressed with the packaging and the fit and finish of the product. The glossy paint was perfect and the system integrated perfectly with the brushed metal stand, an optional piece from Geneva. It was very easy to operate. I opened the wooden flap on top of the unit, plugged in my Ipod, and powered the system on. Within minutes I was listening to my playlist. Now it was time to see what this thing could do. I already had a playlist of about 50 songs encoded from my CD collection in apple lossless. This is the same list of songs that I used to evaluate my home reference system, the B&W Zeppelin and Bose Sounddock 10. I then played about 50 hours of music and full bandwidth pink noise through the system in order to break it in. I can't stress enough how much the sound changes in all of these systems during the break in process, the Geneva most of all. After listening to my playlist on the Geneva L, I was truly amazed. The sound was simply fantastic. It has the clarity and tonal excellence of the B&W with overall volume capability and deep bass that surpassed both systems. There were a couple of trouble tracks, such as Joss Stone's "Less is More" and Jack Johnson's "Taylor," which caused the Zeppelin to exhibit port noise and some loss of coherency. The Geneva L played both of those songs beautifully, at high volume, without issue. The overall impact of this system was something that completely took me off guard. Listening to these systems side by side also showed how much deeper the sound stage of the Geneva L was. In fact it projected a sound image that was nearly as wide and deep as my reference system. The Geneva did appear to have less punch with very low volume listening which may be due to less dynamic loudness in the DSP. I also very much enjoyed listening to CD's and FM radio which is all included with the Geneva L. It became obvious to me very quickly as I was comparing the Geneva to other Ipod docks that this was not really apples to apples. First, this is a more expensive product at $999, but it was also a lot more than an Ipod Dock. With CD, FM, ipod and such full range sound, the Geneva was the first system that I consider a true stereo replacement, and could easily be the primary music system in my home. It really has the sound quality, dynamics, and imaging of full size stereo system in one sleek unit with a single single power cord. This system is a unique product is an excellent value for all that it can do, and I look forward to enjoying it for some time to come. I hope this helps anyone who is on the eternal quest for an "all-in-one" system that really can do it all.

Buy GenevaSound All-in-One Stereo for CD, iPod, iPhone, Radio Line-in (Large-White) Now

There need be no complaints about any aspect of this system, especially sound/bass.

I play my, well-mastered/produced, CD's flat with bass/treble at "0"(listening to Dub Room Special right now)

and they all sound great. With a powerful enough amplifier, bass & treble controls are fairly unnecessary, IMO.

With each speaker driven with it's own 25W amp, there is plenty of power (some fine sounding systems do very well

with 25W per channel!). It actually sounds best with the volume turned up to about 75. No objectionable distortion.

I set my iPod equalizer to sound best with this system (an important step), which for my music is the "R&B" setting.

Full dynamic range, iPod or CD/FM. Everything sounds great and it sounds great no matter the listening position.

I took a chance with the red, not even sure if I'd like it. It's a beautiful, tough, red lacquer finish.

I've heard just about everything out there. Absolutely no regrets. No bull (and I'm no employee!).

Read Best Reviews of GenevaSound All-in-One Stereo for CD, iPod, iPhone, Radio Line-in (Large-White) Here

I own a Geneva models L and XL. I was so impressed with my original purchase of the XL that I purchased the smaller L unit for my bedroom. First of all the customer service staff was awesome during the purchase. The shipping was easy and the produts were packaged perfectly. Arrival was swift with no damage and the set up was simple for both the XL and L models. The sound of course was the primary reason for the purchase, although the units in red and black look outstanding! The finish on these units is remarkable. Believe me you will be fully satisfied with the sound quality and integrity of these products.

Want GenevaSound All-in-One Stereo for CD, iPod, iPhone, Radio Line-in (Large-White) Discount?

1) Design: It's striking in its simple design the piano lacquered exterior complements any decor (immediate conversation piece) without clutter in a centralized component.

2) Quality: Solidly built (serious equipment) with European inspiration; sturdy and secure to ensure components are duly protected; packaging is impressive.

3) Sound: Can't be adequately described (beckons to be heard); obviously, rich and intense (imcomparably, the best iPod designed sound system on the market today) and adds a new dimension to all musical genres (even at high volumes).

4) Functionality: Clear and concise in usability; separate bass/treble to further broaden listening pleasure; remote is effortless and complete.

5) Price: Quite reasonable considering this as an investment piece (actually considering the Model XL for the sublime subwoofer addition).

Save $0.99 Off

I own a black model L. If you are considering buying one, then you already know that there isn't anything like it on the market, as least in terms of pure aesthetic quality. The black lacquered cabinet is as exquisitely constructed and flawlessly mirrored as a Steinway piano or '64 low-rider.

The sound quality is equally impressive, filling my large apartment with a depth and density of sound that is the envy of my audiophile friends. But what truly impressed me was when the company sent me a replacement model after I discovered a small glitch outside of the warranty period.

I only have one minor quibble, and for that reason I didn't rate this 5 stars. The remote control has a very narrow line of sight. In some ways, it's an unfair criticism; if there were an external infrared receiver like my ugly, molded plastic Bose, I would never have bought it in the first place. Not perfect, but damn close.

0 comments:

Post a Comment