Maverick WS-1000 Weather Station

Maverick WS-1000 Weather Station
  • Full-featured wireless weather instrument with an integral atomic alarm clock
  • Clock displays time plus the month, date, and weekday
  • Shows indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidity, an animated weather forecast icon, current or historic barometric pressure with 24-hour history bar graph and trend arrow
  • Collects rainfall and rate or amount history data.
  • LCD panel is continuously backlit in blue, and you can adjust the brightness.

This is a great item, but they put a black grid into the screen. This grid makes it impossible to read the display at night unless you are less than a foot away and directly at eye level. This was so irritating I returned the product back to Amazon. The alarm clock feature had no volume control. This was also very annoying. So sad since everything else was so perfect.

Buy Maverick WS-1000 Weather Station Now

This item functions as intended, but I don't understand the graph portion of the display.

Some things I dislike about this product are:

1. The backlight only dims, it cannot be turned off.

2.The digital clock takes up too much space on the display. I would make it smaller or eliminate it altogether, and make the weather portion of the display larger.

3. The button that allows the viewer to view temperature highs & lows etc only lasts for 5 seconds. I would extend this viewing time.

4. The weather icon (forcaster) does not even remotely predict the real weather.

In spite of these drawbacks I would recommend this product.

Marvin J May

Read Best Reviews of Maverick WS-1000 Weather Station Here

The product seems sturdy and fairly well built. All of the features seem to work as described. The clock display is very hard to read if you are not up close and are viewing the clock straight-on. Any change in viewing angle makes the text dissapear. The barometric bars at the bottom are almost impossible to read, even if you are right up on it.

Want Maverick WS-1000 Weather Station Discount?

The unit was quite different, and in many ways better,(it had a color screen and lots of information) than the usual weather stations you see on the internet. I was sure I had found one I would not have to return. Unfortunately I did have to return it. The screen is so full of information that each individual icon is too small for me to see (not their fault I'm getting old) unless I am very close to the unit. If it had a bigger screen with bigger numbers and or icons of information I would have kept it. The five stars are for what it might be for you, even though I had to return it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment