iLuv ArtStation Pro 30-Pin Dock Sound System (White)

iLuv ArtStation Pro 30-Pin Dock Sound System
  • Compatible With Ipad/Ipod/Iphone
  • Plays & Charges Ipad/Ipod/Iphone
  • Desktop/Bedside Speaker
  • Rotating arm for portrait or landscape viewing options
  • Charge and play your iPad, iPhone or iPod
  • Sync with iTunes on your Computer when docked
  • Easy to use on unit controls, or use the included remote
  • Made for iPad2, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPod Nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th generation)

Now, if I were comparing this sound system to my home theater system, one that will nearly rip the flesh off your face, I would have trouble giving the iLuv a single star. But rating it without such a comparison and considering its small, compact size, it deserves a solid 5 stars.

It was easy to hook up and easy to connect to my iPhone4 and my iPad2. That said, if you have an Otter protective case on your cell, you will have to remove it first so the connection fits. I don't know about other phone covers.

The sound is of good quality with a nice deep base. I'm a martial arts teacher and I use it now as my only source of music during my classes.

Great for your office, basement hobby room, or out on your balcony.

Recommended.

Buy iLuv ArtStation Pro 30-Pin Dock Sound System (White) Now

The iLuv ArtStation is the latest addition to the crowded Sounddock craze. The tagline for this item appears to be that it is beautiful with its piano gloss black top and also a great value not being incredibly expensive. Enhanced Sound System is also in the title so my assumption is that it is suppossed to have excellent sound as well.

This item is truly meant to be used with an iPad 2 in my opinion although it is compatible with the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch. The reason I say this is because I have an iPhone 4S, an iPod Nano an iPod Touch and an iPod Classic 4th Generation and the only one that would work with this unit is indeed the iPod Touch. Read the fine print to understand this! My iPhone 4S just flat did not work with this Dock nor did my Nano or Classic when docked.

I moved to the Auxilliary jack which is on the back and all items worked fine but obviously cannot charge unless plugged in separately with an additional cable. I was shocked when I heard the sound. It's just very boxy and tinnish and quite frankly sounds drowned. The sound is so poor for an item of this price point that even my wife commented, "Is there a different setting so this thing sounds better?" Trust me, she is no audiophile.

To be fair I have had nice Sounddocks in the past such as Bose and have the Sonos Play 3 and Play 5 which I have reviews of that are amazing-but also much more expensive than this. I also have iHome units that are much less expensive than this and that is what I would compare this sound to is just better than some of the iHome $100 units.

Where this unit shines is that it is attractive and particularly with an iPad (which I do not have) looks great and probably has great form. Meaning you could have this on your desk, listen to audio through our iPad and watch a movie through the dock or play music while surfing. You can turn your iPad in to Landscape or portrait mode.

There is a small remote control that comes with the unit that can be stowed in to the back which is a nice feature.

Overall, the sound is very disappointing but for $136.00 the unit does provide an attractive base and charging station for an iPad 2. Depending on what you would use this item for, it could fit your needs, but for me looking at it as a pure speaker-the fact that it doesn't work with the iPod Nano, iPhone 4S or Classic (unless using an Auxilliary cable)is a big miss.

Read Best Reviews of iLuv ArtStation Pro 30-Pin Dock Sound System (White) Here

I got this in and was wondering how I was going to use it but was overly happy when I found it has an input jack on the back for other divices. So far I have used my Archos tablet on here for the music I have downloaded and it really sounds fantastic. I also hooked up my blackberry to it and it works great with that too. The moveable arm has an adaptive holder for the iPhone and iPod that actually works with the blackberries too. Just hook her up and then listen to whatever you like.

This is a fairly good size piece and is weighty but has a wonderful sound system to make you fall in love every time you turn it one. I love the remote also so I don't have to go over to it every time I need to turn it up or down. Only thing I was bummed about was that I can't sync it to my phone. Oh well I'm due for an up grade soon so I will probably go and get an iPhone anywho.

I have to tell you that I have this in a corner on the counter in the kitchen as that's where I listen to music the most as I like to cook. Well let me say that this has the best base and it sounds like the music is coming from each and every corner not just the one spot where I have it. I'm sure if I had the proper Apple product to work with this I would be in heavenly bliss. Great product for the $$ in my honest opinion.

Want iLuv ArtStation Pro 30-Pin Dock Sound System (White) Discount?

I love the iLuv ArtStation Sound System. I use it for both my iPhone and my iPad. I love any sound dock that holds my iPhone with the protective phone case on--that's the first thing. But this speaker set really provides great sound. It's not a small-footprint device, so it's not the type of dock you'll move around easily from room to room. The base is about the size of a large clock radio--but that's the space that's holding those really neat speakers. This baby gives a good, full sound--both highs and lows--without costing a fortune.

I also like the little remote control. It has just the basics: volume up, volume down; skip ahead one track; go back one track; pause/play; and power on/off. I like it that way, though. Nothing complicated, which is especially handy if you're feeling lazy enough to use the remote instead of getting up to use the device controls.

By the way, the dock/"system" itself has the same controls as the remote: no more, no less.

There's a neat little iLuv app you can load onto your mobile device that you can run while your device is on the dock. It has a clock that displays the time in nice big numbers and also shows the local weather: current temperature, plus forecasted high and low for the day, and it shows the date and day of the week. There are also choices to view the clock in an old-fashioned number-flip display (if you remember those), or as a nice, big analog clock face, or as 3 smaller analog clocks showing different time zones.

Then there's another tab on the app that's just for weather, showing temps plus wind, humidity and not only the current day's forecast but also 5-day and 6-10-day forecasts. The third tab is an Internet feed iLuv radio station. I never use it. I prefer my own playlists or feeds (Pandora, etc.). Then there's an iPod tab that essentially displays the Music app interface without forcing you to switch apps and go back to Music.

You're also able to use the app to set alarms or a sleep timer (cool, you can set it in any 1-minute increment from 1 to 120!). And you can set multiple alarms, too.

All the app descriptions I described are on the iPhone/iPod version. I haven't tried the app on the iPad yet. If I get to that, I'll update the description.

Summary: very good sound, easy to use, good-fitting dock connections and support brackets. Recommended.

***Late-breaking update: I've added an iPad Mini and an iPhone 5 to my repertoire here. They both have the new, tiny Lightning power connectors, while the iLuv system has the old standard 30-pin, wider connector. I bought the little Lightning-to-30-pin adapter, and that seems to work well for the iPhone 5. The phone balances well on the stubby adapter and feels secure enough in its position that I'm not worried about any potential damage to the power port on either device.

It's a different story for my iPad Mini, though. The device is bigger, wider, and heavier than the iPhone, of course, and it just doesn't balance well on the little adapter. I'm very concerned something could break, so for now I'm not using my iPad mini on the iLuv. I just wrote to iLuv support to see if a supporting bracket is or will be available for the iPad Mini, just like the one they include as a standard accessory to support the full-sized iPad. I'll update this review again when I hear back. I do have the option of using the Lightning-to-30-pin adapter cable I also have, but then I have to lay the device down on top of the dock, which makes it more difficult to control and detracts from the experience.

By the way, *still* great sound. Due to the price of this item, I won't buy a new Lightning edition if one comes out. I'll just use it for my old 30-pin devices, including the iPhone 4 which I just replaced with the 5. I'm now using the 4 as if it were an iPod Touch (and holding it in reserve in case one of our newer iPhones bites the dust or gets lost or stolen and we don't want to shell out the high price to replace it). In fact, by using my old 32GB iPhone 4 as a Touch, I can really load it up with lots of music and minimize a lot of the other things I used to keep on it, including the apps, videos, etc., that I now keep on my iPads or iPhone 5. If I choose to sample down my songs on the iPhone 4 to 128kbps, I can probably fit 7,000+ songs on it. I still have to clean out more stuff to make room for more music.

Save 14% Off

This was easy to attach we made the connection, it asked for app to work and then we had sound and lots of options. We current use this as second TV to watch all our itunes. It charges while on the stand as well. It like making your Ipad back into a computer monitor and keyboard is easy to attached. Another great features is the remote control that hooks on the back. A perfect fun accessory for you Ipad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment