Coby CDRA147 Digital AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio / CD Player

Coby CDRA147 Digital AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio / CD Player
  • Digital clock with large 4-digit LED display
  • Top-loading CD player with programmable track memory
  • Sensitive AM/FM analog tuner. Dual alarm clock with sleep/snooze timers
  • Wake to CD, radio, or buzzer. Full-range stereo speaker system
  • 3.5mm headphone jack, Clock backup with 9V battery (battery not included)

I was almost scared off by the negative reviews here. I really need a radio/cd player with a headphone jack to use with my pillow speaker so I don't disturb my husband. This clock radio isn't too large for my night stand and the sound quality is fine whether I'm listening to a CD or the radio. I did hold on to the shipping materials in case mine quit after three days like someone said...I did not get a defective one so I tossed the boxes. :-) I am very pleased with this clock radio and I do think it's a bargain.

Buy Coby CDRA147 Digital AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio / CD Player Now

I bought this so I could wake to my own commercial-free music. After three days, the unit stopped playing CDs altogether so now I have yet another clock radio. During the brief period it worked, the CD sound was so terrible it startled me the first time I tried it: crackly, tinny and thin. The radio sound is slightly better, but not even close to my old (also cheap) clock radio. During the three days it worked, the unit woke me every day with the first track of the CD. You cannot adjust the alarm to start with a random track, or pick up where it left off the day before. The unit accepts a battery to keep time during an outage; however, the manual says the time will not display until power is restored, and I'm guessing that means the alarms won't work either.

Other negatives: Time-setting is uni-directional, so if you pass the hour you wanted when clicking through, you have to cycle around the clock again. My cheap RCA clock radio has spoiled me with bi-directional clock setting and digital radio tuning.

The Coby's buttons are flat, stiff, and hard to press. The radio is tuned via an awkwardly placed thumb wheel at the bottom right side of the unit, and it's difficult to lock on the station you want. The clock numbers are nice and large; however, like most clock radios, they are way too bright and cannot be dimmed (except by throwing a sock over the radio, which is what I had to do).

Since I dawdled a month before opening and using the radio, Amazon's 30-day Return window has expired. I'm going to try to return it anyway--without the CD function, it's useless to me. I'm going back to my old clock radio which was just as cheap, but has much better sound. Anyone know a Philadelphia-area radio station that plays fewer than 4 commercials between 5:45 and 6 am?

Positives? I like the rounded shape. And I was able to set the clock and alarm times initially without reading the manual, something I've never been able to do with other clock radios. It arrived promptly and was securely packaged. It was my mistake not to immediately set it up for use.

Read Best Reviews of Coby CDRA147 Digital AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio / CD Player Here

I purchased the Coby Radio/CD player recently. The first one I had to return right away because the CD would not play. I received my second one within a week. It seemed to be just what I wanted...small enough for my bedside table, good size numbers on the Clock and good directions. I was able to play my CDs, too.....for a couple of weeks. When I got back from an almost 2 week vacation, tho, the CD no longer played!

I have returned the 2nd Coby and will not buy another one. I am disappointed that it didn't work for me.

Want Coby CDRA147 Digital AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio / CD Player Discount?

I wanted a cd player alarm clock to play self recorded CD's. I like to play relaxation and meditation CD's if I'm having trouble sleeping. Unfortunately this unit plays only pre recorded CD's. At this point in history this must be about the last of the "CD only" players. In as much as most of my CD's are those I've recorded, this unit is essentially useless to me. Also, the controls are not user friendly. In that most of one's interaction with an alarm clock is done in the dark, this clock's buttons etc, are hard to see and/or feel. Save your money. There must be better quality clocks on the market.

I have no qualms with the Coby alarm as an alarm clock and a radio, it's very straightforward and easy to use, but the CD player was so disappointing (the main reason I bought it). The VERY FIRST time I used the CD player, I played about 6 tracks and it just died, I'm not even kidding. It's worth your money to invest in a higher quality product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment