Sony CFDE55 Blue and Silver CD/Cassette Boom Box with Digital Radio

Sony CFDE55 Blue and Silver CD/Cassette Boom Box with Digital Radio
  • Compact, stylish design
  • One-touch CD-to-tape recording
  • Digital synthesized AM/FM tuner with 20 presets
  • 4 sound presets (rock, pop, live, and vocal)
  • Mega Bass system

...I bought this originally because I wanted to be able to havemusic in the house wherever I was, without needing to buy a seperate stereo for the kitchen, the bedroom, and the living room (I love my music).

Great little boombox, needs slightly better bass but overall sound quality is very good. CDs have all played without a problem, nice features in being able to see where in a disc you are, set playback options (random, repeat, etc.). Radio reception is very good, half the time I don't even have to use the antenna. Can put in nine presets, I really like this option! Cassette player is also good, my major complaint with that is no reverse playback. That's a bummer, but otherwise the controls are all very well laid out, and the boombox isn't made of overly chintzy materials.

It's a really neat color and shape sort of like a little donut or spaceship with a handle. Requires 4 AA batteries to run the clock when it's not plugged in, that was a pain the first time because I made all my presets then turned off the switch for the electrical socket by accident. Oops.

Has an alarm, and the coolest thing about the radio option is you can set the alarm music volume to be different from the sleep mode music volume. That way you can set music to play for up to an hour while you go to sleep at a nice low volume, then let it blast away at a higher volume when the alarm goes off. Also has a timer, so I carry this thing into the kitchen when I'm cooking.

Very compact, very portable, and everyone who comes over wants to play with it. Overall, definitely a good purchase and worth the money for a small, powerful boombox that you can carry from room to room.

Buy Sony CFDE55 Blue and Silver CD/Cassette Boom Box with Digital Radio Now

I had the precursor to this model and it followed me to three apartments. At one time or another it was in the kitchen, hanging from the rafters in the bathroom, in the bedroom as the alarm clock and much more. If you like to have music basicly everywhere and you're not in a position to even consider piping music around the house, this is the way to go. By the time it was stolen from the (overly) communal weight room in my condo's basement, it had served in every possible capacity. There were no broken buttons, cracked displays, non-working parts or other assundry defects you might expect after years of using something 90% plastic. Simple, solid and I can't say enough about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment