iHome iD37GZC 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock

iHome iD37GZC 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock
  • Wake or sleep to iPad, iPhone, iPod, custom playlist or FM radio to start or end your day just the way you want it to sound
  • App friendly so it works with free iHome+Sleep app or paid iHome+Radio internet radio app
  • Adjustable EQ bass, treble, and balance controls to let you customize your sound
  • Flexible dock needs no inserts and fits iPad, iPhone and docking iPod models in cases
  • Dual alarm with weekday/weekend/custom alarm settings let you wake to iPad, iPhone, iPod, FM Radio or buzzer
  • Gradual Wake and Gradual Sleep function gently increases/decreases alarm/sleep volume
  • Also features remote control, line-in jack, battery backup, preset clock, and 6 FM preset
  • Programmable snooze time lets you sleep in a little or a lot with snooze time between 1 and 29 minute
  • Charges iPhone 5 via auxiliary USB port (cable not included)

I am a huge iHome fan and have been buying their products for years. In fact, whenever it comes time for me to replace or buy an iPod dock in my home, I look for an iHome.

On my nightstand I currently have/had the iHome iH80 Speaker System for iPod (Black) . I bought it on February 28, 2008 when it was a Deal of the Day. To this day it looks and works like it is brand new! In my bathroom I currently have the iHome iH22SV Alarm Clock Speaker System for iPod . I wanted both docks to charge. I loved that the one in my bedroom had a remote and not necessarily a lighted clock. Sometimes lights are too bright. The bathroom iHome I have only had for a few months and wanted it to be small and with a lighted clock. I need to know what time it is as I get ready. The one in the bathroom even though it is small, the sound is tinny and the time is always off a few minutes. I have reset the time but somehow it always ends a few minutes behind again.

In comes the iHome iD37. I decided to replace my nightstand iHome with the new unit. The iD37 has a small footprint and leaves a lot more space on my nightstand. Comparing it to the iH80, I love that the unit is smaller and easier to reach. I took pictures and added them to the gallery so you could see the unit with both other iHomes I own. I placed my newest generation iPod touch on the unit and just hit the `time synch' button and boom, it displayed the time that the iPod has! No more hitting buttons for endless minutes if the power goes out. Plus, it comes with a back up battery in case the battery does go out. The equalizer is a nice touch but I use the one built into the iPod. I love that I can turn the bass, treble, or balance, up/down or left/right. The unit also comes with a remote which my iH80 had and has a similar layout. I owned my other remote for over 3 years and it never died on me and I used it every night. I also read in another review the remote comes with an extra battery. Mine came with only one, it is in a separate bag though so you can place it into the remote once you open the box, no corrosion then. I was fearful that the dimmer/lighted clock might be too bright. My iH22 has only 3 light settings and at it highest I use it as a night light in my bathroom. This one has 8 settings, 7 going from high to low and the 8th is off completely. I love that! I do not have to be blinded with a light on my night stand.

Sound wise I don't know how they got so much sound in such a small unit. I expected since it was about the same size of my iH22 the sound might be similar. However, the sound is INCREDIBLE!! It is rich and fills the room! It amazes me that it is coming from such a small device. Another thing that fit the bill for me is the USB port on the side. I charge my phone on a bookcase across the bedroom and like to sleep with my cell phone on my night stand. This solves that! I used a USB cable with a micro USB and it can stay on my night stand now and I can charge it if need be. That is a wonderful feature to have! I have tested this unit on the first generation iPod and the latest and both play flawlessly.

I could not be happier with the dock. If I were to tell iHome all the features I wanted in a unit, they just built it! Please look at the photo gallery to get an idea on the size of the unit compare to other iHome models. I would not pass this one up if it has all the features you are looking for.

Buy iHome iD37GZC 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock Now

I've been trying different alarm clocks to try and find one that fit all my criteria and it looks like I've accomplished my goal. Here are the reasons I like this clock.

Pros:

1. Display is big enough to read when I make up in the middle of the night. Numerals are about an inch tall LCD, black on a white background.

2. Display has 7 settings. Just click through the settings until you find the brightness that's right for you to sleep with. The final setting turns the display off completely (it re-lights when the alarm goes off).

3. Alarm is easy to set and can be setup for 7, 5, or 2 day. Can set 2 alarms.

4. Time auto synchs. DST is set with a switch in the back.

5. Can use buzzer, playlist (requires a specific playlist name through iTunes to work),iPod/iTouch/iPhone, or radio.

6. Can preset up to 6 radio stations.

7. Controls are easy to access and use. Setup instructions are clear and easy to follow.

8. Comes with 2 AA battery backup. Will warn you when these batteries need to be changed.

9. Charges iPod/iTouch/iPhone while attached. Also has a USB port to charge a separate device (may not work on specific devices).

10. Can play an older device through the 3.5mm Aux connection (e.g. iPod Shuffle).

11. Has a remote control that actually comes with an extra battery. I've never seen that before.

12. Small footprint on my nightstand.

Cons:

1. Can't set a custom alarm (e.g. Tuesdays and Thursdays only). Minor nit but worth mentioning.

2. Has a brick type power cord.

Overall this clock is highly recommended. The speakers sound surprisingly good for such a small device. Has an equalizer so you can tweak the sound to your liking. Fairly basic changes but it's really kind of an icing on the cake type feature. No more clock hunting for me!

Read Best Reviews of iHome iD37GZC 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock Here

otterbox case for iphone 4 and original ipad works with this alarm clock! no adaptors needeed! can i finally hear an amen?!!!

Want iHome iD37GZC 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock Discount?

The sound quality of the machine is awesome! It holds the ipod and iphone perfectly on the, the ipad when connected must be kept away from anything that can knock into it as it will cause the docking station to flip. The only other issue we had was that it doesnt have am radio which we listened to in the morning before work. It also has usb ports to charge other media like my kindle. Other than that it was a great purchase and I am happy with it.

Save 32% Off

First the bad: if you are using an iPad, make sure you add the extra dock padding. The connector is slightly raised, and if you don't use the dock pad, you will find that your iPad will be unstable. If the unit is suddenly moved or something hits the unit awkwardly, your connector and iPad jack is at risk for damage.

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with this unit. There are quite a few buttons to learn how to use, and the unit has a rechargeable battery system that is very useful for when you lose power or the (unwieldy) power supply unit is not plugged into an outlet. The supplementary USB jack is very useful. I can use/charge my Apple products and my Android phone, or another USB gadget at the same time.

The radio does have a separate, thin wired antenna. I simply wrapped it around the power cord so that it wouldn't get accidentally eaten by a cat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment