Sony CMT-LX20i Micro Hi-Fi Shelf System

Sony CMT-LX20i Micro Hi-Fi Shelf System
  • Made for iPod
  • Single-disc CD player: CD-R/RW and MP3 playback
  • Audio-in for use with MP3 players or PC's
  • LCD Display
  • 5W x 2 for 10 watts (RMS) total power output

I was not certain of the value for money when I purchased the Sony CMT Hi Fi but from the reviews on Amazon I thought it was a safe purchase. I must say it more then met my expectations, the unit is compact but well designed and took up 1/3 less space than the unit it replaced (a "boombox" with two separate speakers) and weighed 2/3rds less. The sound quality is equal if not better and the iPod docking unit is seamless to use. I was impressed with the digital radio and the CD player is probably the least of the package but still works well. Overall I am very satisfied with the product.

Buy Sony CMT-LX20i Micro Hi-Fi Shelf System Now

We have a BOSE Soundock which is really just a phenomenal product. We had an old Sony mini system die, and instead of replacing it with another pricey BOSE SounDock we opted for another Sony -it is an excellent size and the sound is really good. It's a GREAT purchase especially considering the price.

Read Best Reviews of Sony CMT-LX20i Micro Hi-Fi Shelf System Here

For my kitchen, I was looking for a good radio/CD combo with an iPod docking station. I figured the Sony CMT-LX20i would be a solid choice, given the Sony name, the price (~$110), and the fairly good reviews it received. After some use, I've become unhappy with my choice. There are no separate treble & bass adjustments just 3 settings for 'rock' 'jazz' and 'pop.' It is not bad for music played at louder levels but the midrange is lacking in every case. For my simple NPR listening, the sound seems muffled either too soft or too loud. The unit is simple to set up and has a small footprint, but the black plastic is very lightweight (you have to hold it in place when button-punching)and feels a bit cheap. I don't understand why manufacturers believe that black finishes with small cryptic lettering (EQ, Function, and DSX) are things consumers want. I'm older and old-school, but, for a radio/compact sterio, I want knobs, simple features, and good sound.

Want Sony CMT-LX20i Micro Hi-Fi Shelf System Discount?

I bought this stereo after getting rid of my 1980's monster rack stereo that I never used because it was a pain to use, plus took up too much room in my bedroom. After reading the reviews on this system and wanting a stereo system that played CD's and included a remote, decided on this unit.

This is a great little stereo unit and fits perfectly in a bookcase without taking up tons of room. I have my Nano Ipod docked in the system. I have used all aspects of the stereo for about a month and am very happy with it. I don't understand the reviews stating the sound isn't good or the volume is too low. Unless you are trying to DJ a party with this it is loud enough for a normal size room!

I love this stereo and would buy it again in an instant!

Perfect size if you want a smaller unit. I wanted this for the bedroom, but sounds great all the way to the living room. I love it. I wanted it for my IPOD, but I love the cd and the radio as well. Nice remote control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment