Coby KTFDVD1093SVR 10.2-Inch Under-the-Cabinet DVD/CD Player with Digital TV and Radio, Silver

Coby KTFDVD1093SVR 10.2-Inch Under-the-Cabinet DVD/CD Player with Digital TV and Radio, Silver
  • 10.2" widescreen TFT under-the-cabinet DVD/CD player
  • DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW and JPEG compatible, Dual ATSC/NTSC tuner for digital and standard broadcast TV reception
  • Dual AM/Fm radio, Audio/Video input jacks for video games VCR's or other AV sources
  • Convenient front panel and on-screen display, Integrated stereo speakers
  • Multiple language, subtitle, and camera angle support, Parental lock control, mounting kit included
  • 10.2 in. widescreen TFT LCD swivel/folding screen
  • Audio/Video input jack for video games, VCRs or other AV sources
  • DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD±R/RW, and JPEG compatible
  • Digital AM/FM radio; Remote control
  • Dual ATSC/NTSC tuner for digital and standard TV broadcast reception

Okay folks, this isn't a 52 inch flat screen tv with 1080p resolution. This is a small 15 inch LCD tv that is meant for a kitchen and delivers all the features that you would want in a kitchen in a compact design. With that in mind, it is perfect. I ran my Insight cable to the tv and the picture is great. Obviously the digital channels that come in from cable look substantially better than the standard cable tv channels. It is like this with most digital LCD tvs though. WIth that said, the digital channels that I do have have a suprisingly really good picture. The FM and AM radios work flawlessly for me with clear channels coming in. The dvd player also worked fine with a clear picture. The remote control is indeed magnetic and is not the strongest magnet you are going to find. If you carefully place it on the fridge (not quickly throwing it on there) then it holds fine without sliding. The screen magnet is indeed a bit weak also. I will probably add a magnet to it to better secure the screen when it is placed up and not in use. The sound is fine for me. There are actually quite a few setting options on this unit that include picture setting (you can adjust a few picture settings such as contrast and brightness) although mine looked fine right out of the box. It also has an auto tuner for the tv that was able to search and find all of my cable stations once I plugged in the cable. I have not tried the tv with a standard tv antenna as I have access to cable tv in my kitchen and went that route.

BTW in terms of channel auto tuning--I read some reviews on another model made by COBY that people were not able to run the auto channel search after doing it the first time when you intitally set it up and the power would go out or you had to retune for whatever reason. You can run the auto scan anytime you want on this tv and it seems to work fine even with the power going out a few times with this tv.

There are not alot of options out there in terms of under-the-cabinet tvs and I did quite a bit of research before deciding to purchase this one. I settled on this one because the price was right and it had a large screen on it. I was somewhat turned off by all the negative reviews for most of the under-the-cabinet tvs but I am glad I decided to purchase this one as I am very happy with what I got. It looks really nice hanging in my kitchen and it doesn't take any space at all when folded up. I have only had the unit for a couple weeks so if I have any problems in the future I will be sure to update. But as of this moment, I would highly recommend this for anyone who has realistic expectations for a LCD tv that is truly meant for the kitchen. For an under-the-cabinet 15inch LCD tv/radio/dvd player for 200.00, I could not be more happy. I am enjoying it and suggest anyone on the fence to give it a try.

Buy Coby KTFDVD1093SVR 10.2-Inch Under-the-Cabinet DVD/CD Player with Digital TV and Radio, Silver Now

After doing a lot of research on under cabinet TVs, the Coby 10.2 seemed to make sense. The company claimed to improve the technology with an ATSC tuner for homes with digital cable, however they did not resolve an ongoing problem that dates back two years, that I only learned of after buying this, running coax cable to the kitchen, installing it, and having the product fail. I will not explain it in detail, but warn buyers that if you plan to use this in LCD TV/DVD player ONLY for or as an AV in only source, it works well, So you can send an RCA cable output from your cable box in the other room to this device through it's AV inputs and watch only what the cable box is playing. If you want to use it to also tune in stations, even basic cable stations and you have digital or HDTV channels, the Coby TV is prone to failure. It gives you one shot to auto tune the channels. After it finds available channels, which it did well, if you power off the device and unplug, it will give you a "no database" error message and no longer display the channels. Once this error code appears, according to Coby, it can not be undone and the device's internal chip cannot re-tune channels. Restoring the device to factory settings fails. There is nothing in the manual about this problem, or warnings about it, and they just claim returning it is only option. They claim its a problem with the manufacturing. If you search the internet for this problem with the Coby LCD TV, you will find many postings about it. Buyers beware.

Read Best Reviews of Coby KTFDVD1093SVR 10.2-Inch Under-the-Cabinet DVD/CD Player with Digital TV and Radio, Silver Here

My first impression of the Coby Under-The-Cabinet TV/DVD player is that it is flimsy and cheap. The screen is a bit loose and just doesn't feel like it's put together all that well. I'm afraid that one of these days when I'm putting the screen up or down that it's going to break so I have to be very gentle with it.

Now with that said, it has a pretty good picture when watching TV and an "OK" picture when watching a DVD. Don't know why it would be different, but it does seem to be. Maybe it's the DVD's optics. The sound is GREAT when watching TV, but I had to crank up the volume all of the way when I was watching a DVD. Oh, and there's no headphone jack on this. Yes, where I have this mounted I would like a headphone jack even though MOST people who buy one of these really wouldn't care.

OH, and it's REALLY a 10.2 inch, not 10. Amazon needs to change the description.

All in all it's a pretty decent unit. I'd recommend it.

Want Coby KTFDVD1093SVR 10.2-Inch Under-the-Cabinet DVD/CD Player with Digital TV and Radio, Silver Discount?

After reading all of the other negative feedback about this item, I decided to give it a try myself.

It arrived very quickly. The box itself is constructed rather thin so I did tear it partially when I picked it up around the handle. That would be why there is a handle there... Don't forget to use it.

I opened the box and everything was there except the mounting template... Oh well, I am a man so I continued...

I immediately read the instructions. I did not like the instructions. The installation was easy; however, the wording in the installation instructions appeared funny. It explains to use the mounting template, which I could not find right off the bat because it was wrapped in with the screen under the packing foam. The mounting took about 5 minutes. I forgot to check the side of the cabinet and the size of the player and it turned out I had to offset the player to compensate for the cables coming out of the player on the back wall. I had to mount the front of the player about a 1/4 inch out away from the bottom of the cabinet to give about a 2 1/2 inch gap between the wall and the back of the player.

After all the connections were made, I powered up the tv. (NOTE: There is a FM Radio attenna which I could not plug in. It was as if the attenna plug was smaller than the plug on the player. I ended up not using it and have to make my own antenna to use the FM radio.

The programming portion scared me a little. In many of the other reviews many people said that if you programed it wrong it would brick the player and you could only use if for DVD/CD and FM/AM Radio. After reading the programing instructions I can see why. The programming portion I believe could be aggrivating to some people but it looks very common sense based so there is some guessing with common sense involved. I think to make it easier, they should explain it in better detail and include a step by step photo guide. Auto Progamming the tv took about 5-8 minutes. Be sure to let it run and stop on it's own do not cancel out of it if you think it hangs.

The picture quality is not that bad for a 10.2" however it is somewhat smaller. I started to think about returning it for a 15" but now that it's installed I am going to keep it. I added some photos of the player after I installed it. The TFT display does the normal straight on view. At an angle the screen can appear dark or blank which is normal.

The speaker quality was good and clear. There however is no lows in it. It's about mid range. If you're used to the bass in a surround sound station you would be disappointed but this was for my son to mainly watch so I am not all that worried about it.

There is a little delay when changing modes from DVD/CD TV AV FM/AM and DVD/CD play loading takes a few seconds to perform.

All and All not a bad buy.

Recommendations to you before buying:

1. Be sure there is a cable outlet next to the power outlet (I had to install the cable outlet.)

2. Measure the cabinet space and then subtract about 2 1/2 inches from it to accomodate space for wiring. What you have left over is the true space you have to work with and compare that with the player. Also, you will need to take into consideration as to whether or not there is a lip under the cabinet if so, you need something for spacers to make sure the player is flush on the bottom of the cabinet.

I hope that you find this review helpful and good luck to you on the installation!!

3. Follow the instructions. Meaning read them first a few time through before the installation.

Save 34% Off

I ordered this TV for my newly renovated kitchen and have used it for a month. So far I love it -have not used the radio or DVD yet. The only thing I will say negative is that they did not supply any plastic mounting spacers that go between the TV and the underside of the cabinet to keep the TV mounted under the edge of the cabinet. I cut some 3/4" thick wood pieces to take us this space and it worked fine. Picture qulaity is very good using Verizon Fios cable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment