Uniden BC340CRS 100-Channel Clock Radio Scanner

Uniden BC340CRS 100-Channel Clock Radio Scanner
  • Store and scan up to 100 channels
  • Includes service search and weather scan
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Alarm clock with snooze function

This is a very good scanner. The instructions are not exactly "clear as a bell", but if you've ever had a scanner before you should be able to get the gist of the operation. {To program, press PGM, enter the frequency and the memory location you want, then press PGM again.} When it is in the search mode, you can press the "bank number" (1-10) and enable/disable that bank. You can enter 10 frequencies per bank, you can set one frequency per bank as a priority channel. The weather band and tv/fm radio bands work ok. I love the fact that it runs on the batteries when unplugged, and then when you plug it in it switches over to ac power although you're not quite sure which it's running from since there's no indication. The alarm is a bit on the weak side, but then you're probably not buying it to be an alarm clock.

Buy Uniden BC340CRS 100-Channel Clock Radio Scanner Now

I ordered this scanner from Uniden's website as I have had a big interest in Public Safety ever since I was little. I also get bored here easily as there is not much good music on the radio so I ordered this to be able to kill some day time.

This is a conventional 100 channel base scanner. While the initial programming is not too smooth sailing even for tech savys like me, the operation is easy once one gets a hang of it. It lets you save 100 different frequencies used by the PD, FD, airport, marine, and ameteur bands. It even has NOAA weather band, AM/FM radio, and a clock that can awaken you in the morning. While I do agree that the alarm is sometimes on the weak side, it beats having an alarm clock by the nightstand.

I will warn people that many agencies (such as police and fire departments) have now switched to more secure 800 MHz trunked radio systems. This means you may not be able pick up local chatter (like what I wanted). This trunked system allows multiple authorities to talk using only a select set of frequencies. Always research what is in use in your area before buying.

Overall, a very good scanner.

Read Best Reviews of Uniden BC340CRS 100-Channel Clock Radio Scanner Here

This is a great scanner. I love scanners and have several of them. This is a great scanner especialy if you want it in the bedroom. It has an alarm clock, am/fm radio, audio for tv channels 2 -13, and the sound clarity is great. This is a perfect scanner and the price is great. I would recommend this scanner.

Want Uniden BC340CRS 100-Channel Clock Radio Scanner Discount?

I've had the Uniden 100 channel scanner about a month and a half. It has been my first scanner. I primarily have it set for my city's police broadcasts and listen to it while I'm reading or doing other projects. It's been informative to have that information and entertaining as well. I haven't had any problems with it in the time that I've had this scanner. The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that I didn't seem to be able to pick up any other types of scans besides police traffic when I tried to let it scan for things like air traffic, medical helicopter, etc. However, I'm not ruling out that in this day and age perhaps those channels are blocked or perhaps the area I live in doesn't have reception, but I didn't have any luck finding other types of scanning to listen to. Although I have enjoyed being able to get the police scanning on this scanner and I feel safer that I have that information accessible.

I purchased the scanner for a church. Not only was it helpful for having a radio to be informed about local events, but the weather radio was very useful when bad weather aproached, and we needed to turn off our computers. The scanner was just plain fun and interesting...maybe a little disturbing at times. I would highly recommend this to anyone, especially a business, because this is an old church and built of thick concrete walls and radios don't usually work here, but this one does. Good product, easy to use!

0 comments:

Post a Comment