Digital Innovations 4100300 Plug-and-Play Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones - Retail Packaging -

Digital Innovations 4100300 Plug-and-Play Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones - Retail Packaging - BlackAfter my trusty JBL On Stage kicked the bucket, I was looking for something else to fill my needs for amplifying my phone, MP3 player or laptop. My main requirements were that it sound decent, be able to work off a 3.5mm jack, be small enough to be reasonably portable, and be able to get fairly loud.

In these respects, the Digital Innovations Android Docking Station has mostly met or exceeded expectations. I admit I'm a little wary of having the 3.5mm jack hard-wired in, as those thin cables and connections will often stop transmitting sound in a quality way, but too soon to borrow trouble on that count.

The sound quality, while I'm sure it isn't hi-fi, is perfectly decent, and certainly better than the output of my phone. And it gets nice and loud. I can hear it well in other rooms and should be able to hear it over the shower, which is one of the major requirements for me.

It is a bonus that this item is made to work with my Android phone, so there's no need to worry about losing power while listening to my podcasts or music. The Sonr labs app, which is still in beta, interacts perfectly with all of my music and podcasting programs, even ones that are not "recommended," such as my DoggCatcher podcast app.

In fact, it is via the Sonr app, that I've realized some unlooked-for benefits of using this device. The Sonr program allows me to control all my listening apps with a remote, so that I can control the volume, pause, mute, and even skip tracks. And my universal learning remote was able to pick up all these commands, so I don't have to worry about keeping up with the credit-card-sized remote the dock came with.

So far, my experience is limited, and I'll try and make sure to update this review if anything changes my opinion, but as of now, I'm looking forward to putting this sucker on my bedside table, and seeing if I can make it function as a decent clock radio!

ETA: Still very happy with the overall product. The power light, though, is REALLY BRIGHT, so it functions as a decent clock radio/really bright night light. Genius that I am, I solved this problem by placing a piece of electrical tape over the light, and I promise, I can still see the light through the tape! But at least it doesn't light up the room at night.

The Sonr app is still working okay, though a couple of times I've needed to uninstall and reinstall to get it working again. I also wish I didn't have to remember to exit the app in the AM, otherwise I can't get any sound to come out of my phone speaker. The joys of beta! :)

I received my speakers the other day and so far so good. The speakers have great quality for such a small package. In fact I was very impressed and surprised with the amount of sound that these produced. It is more than enough to fill my bedroom, adjoining loft, and bathroom with sound. I also like the fact that they take up little space on my nightstand. I must thank Digital Innovations for being one of the few companies that offers a speaker docking station for Android. Of the three options I found that could truly charge your Android phone while listen to music, this one seemed to fit my needs the best. The things that I liked about this product vs. the other products is that this product allows you to situate your phone horizontal AND vertical. Which means that when situated horizontally you can stream movies when using the speakers. The other two options did not allow for this if you had bottom connecting phone charger port. One of the options (Philips Fidelio) also did not receive good reviews with the android app that allows you to control the remote control which was also an important deciding factor for me. The last option (Samsung) is a relatively new high end product and is marketed out of my price range.

I haven't download the app to be able to use the remote for this product yet, but when I do, I'll try and remember to report back with an update of how things went.

A note to any manufacturer reading this review. I think that these speakers are a great start for a basic speaker dock for Android. However, it would nice to see a product that offers an internal rechargeable Lithium ion battery for speaker portability. It would also be nice to see various options for output power (10 watts, 30 watts, etc..). I am very surprised that manufactures are not keeping in mind that Android phones takes up the majority shares of smartphones on the market. I am also surprised that they haven't wanted to tap into a market with little to no competition.

One last thing. As far as the seller: shopcelldeals. A+++++++ Seller. They not only had the best pricing but they had extremely fast shipping. I received it 2 business days after ordering the product! Great job shopcelldeals.

Buy Digital Innovations 4100300 Plug-and-Play Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Now

I received this speaker dock as a gift. It works excellent with my Android Razr Maxx! I have had no problems with it at all. However, I have chosen not to download the app for the remote control instead I just use the volume control on my phone. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a nice, inexpensive speaker system for their office.

Read Best Reviews of Digital Innovations 4100300 Plug-and-Play Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Here

The delivery was super fast. The speakers sound really sweet, and my wife loves it. The remote works great excellent...and works with Andriod. It does not work with my BlackBerry...but nothing really does?

Want Digital Innovations 4100300 Plug-and-Play Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Discount?

The sound is good, very clear. The volume is sufficient, I never need to use the highest setting. It is easy to use. The remote works great. Reasonably priced. Totally satisfied.

Save 39% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment